Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emthrax might enjoy this (origami dragon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emthrax might enjoy this (origami dragon)

Em, ever since I promised that I'd find that "Mythical Beings" book, I started searching my book collection for it and couldn't find it! Turns out my mom had it, along with a bunch of old books from my childhood, stored away in a bin somewhere in the basement. She found it for me a few days ago and today I took some time to try one of the monsters out. I feel like I'm ten years old again, except now I can spatially interpret the diagrams a lot better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Here's the result. Sorry about the crappy pictures... it was quite dim in my room and I didn't use my tripod. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're still interested, I'll scan in some parts of the book for you. Just choose from the link below... this page has all the models listed in order of increasing difficulty including some pics:

http://www.angelfire.com/art/gilad/BO_Monsters.html

And the book cover:

Not sure how adept you are at folding, but a lot of these beasts look friggin' IMPOSSIBLE in some of their weird complex folds... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Emthrax might enjoy this (origami dragon)

WOW!! that's some ugly dragon you have there. I won't take her out if i were you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      KILLER!! Priest, you are so awesome.
      That dragon you folded looks like it's doing yoga! Rad.
      Looked at that link... the Gargoyle one is fukkin' awesome, how cool is that?! That looks like some creature you'd see in a B-horror movie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I like the dragon too of course, that's my favorite. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Awesome! I could never figure out how to do that stuff. Every time I tried it ended up as a wad thrown in the trash.

Comment

Trogdor Jr??

Comment

those dragons are awesome. And check out Daedalus!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, yes, I should make an origami Trogdor! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'll post instructions if I devise a clever way to do it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Daedalus looks damn impossible, but if I figure him out, I'll also make a mini version or something and call him Icarus. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And I'll make another version with a flamethrower, calling that one Eddie, and hang all three from my ceiling. Maybe G will catch my drift regarding flamethrower-toting Eddie. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

83, believe me when I say I've killed a LOT of trees trying to figure out some of these things. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hell, that rose that I made for a girl on Valentine's Day took like five practice shots, occupying my whole weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But it was worth it:

I actually saw the girl again today. She hasn't talked to me since thanking me for giving her that rose over two months ago. She totally caught me off guard today and I felt like I was choking trying to pronounce words properly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Damn young infatuations... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em, there are quite a few different dragons in that book... my goal is to make them all by the end of the summer. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Maybe even a gargoyle too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Daedalus looks damn impossible, but if I figure him out, I'll also make a mini version or something and call him Icarus. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And I'll make another version with a flamethrower, calling that one Eddie, and hang all three from my ceiling. Maybe G will catch my drift regarding flamethrower-toting Eddie. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. That would be cool. Maybe you could do a whole series, based on artwork from their singles, 12" releases & albums.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

God damn. I'm good but I'm not THAT good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

bummer. I was waiting to see your Wasted Years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      bummer. I was waiting to see your Wasted Years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.. after this NOTP should definitely change his name to Wasted Years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Awesome! I could never figure out how to do that stuff. Every time I tried it ended up as a wad thrown in the trash.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I make alot of Origami Rocks too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"I got a rock!"

-Charlie Brown
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X