HIGHWAY IN THE SKY! Amazing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGHWAY IN THE SKY! Amazing..

INCREDIBLE!! ! HIGHWAY IN THE SKY!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: HIGHWAY IN THE SKY! Amazing..

<font color="aqua">I knew the jetson's would be real some day! Hey "Rosie", get me another beer! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

"The Skycar is one of the latest attempts to build a real flying car. It's been described as a cross between a Ferrari and a Batmobile"
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        "The Skycar is one of the latest attempts to build a real flying car. It's been described as a cross between a Ferrari and a Batmobile"
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats almost an oxymoronic statement!...
        However..both Ferari's and the batmobiles are real...heh
        They have the original batmobile in a museum of transportation somewhere around here in St.Louis

Whats next?

Comment

It is reality. Get hep to it.

Comment

While this is cool, I feel that in light of the impending oil crisis (We´ll essentially have run out in about 10 years time @best ) it may be sorrter Lived than we expect....We´ll see [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

This is VERY cool!!!!....I'm gonna get me a Sky Scooter when I can afford one! I've always dreamt of owning a personal mini-Helicopter!!! When I took the stick of a Robie R44 mid-flight....I knew I wanted to fly helis! The power of that main rotor is amazing!

Comment

I've been following this guy Moller for a couple years now on his flying car he has a few things in the works includeing goverment contracts with the California Hiway Patrol he's a bit ahead of the game right now.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Hydrogen and solar power are going to have to be implemented in the next decade, eventhough they're still fairly experimental powersources.

That being said, I would NEVER, and I mean NEVER condone letting a computer system managing all traffic around the world.

That's a but too much 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day'-like for me...
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Woody was just discussed in another thread. Here's the AirScooter website

http://www.airscooter.com/
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great. Who is going to work on all these things? The Jiffy Lube guys? I don't want one of those things coming through my roof.

Comment

Don't worry pjg....the guys who didn't take at least 10 hours of ground/flight training will probably crash them on takeoff, they won't even get near your house to crash through your roof! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have 6 hours training of ground, and another 10 in the air to fly ultralights ...I'm not licensed yet, but that will be coming shortly.

Comment

That's all we need. A Jersey driver with a pilots license. lol [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

The fact that the FAA system of satellites and real-time mapping is allocating a "special zone" for these very small car like vehicles is exciting.

To know opportunities for innovation in technology will develop in the very near future and provide economic growth in new ways for people to earn a living is a positive thing.

Personally I have always wanted to be able to fly like this and I would love to see this as a reality sooner than later. Where ever it is most practical.

Comment

I don't think I'll be seeing this on a scale anywhere near to our current auto. system in my lifetime. There's way too many variables in this...it's most likely going to be a more specialized form of transportation than a Jetson's type...at least for the next 30 years probably.
                              Anyone remember the Dodge Charger concept from the 99 Auto Show that runs on Natural Gas....now I thought that was promising. Natural gas...which is available in abundant supply (vs. petroleum) and still makes over 300hp (with a s/c).
                              http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow...0/page021.html

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1999@$...0Conceptx.html

- Joel
                              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                              X