American muscle cars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American muscle cars!!!

65' 427 Shelby Cobra....PERIOD! I could live with that ..... make that any Shelby..... The new FORD GT 40 is a sweet ride also. A Viper killer!
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I'm with Model 88 on this thread. '68 Camaro RS/SS with hideaway headlights, although I would drop in a 427, keep the Muncie, and go with a 3.73 gear. I don't care what kind of snot you have 0 to 60, what you can do over 125mph plus is what I want to know.

My first car was an '87 IROC Camaro, my second car was a '92 25th Anniversary Z-28. I have a real soft spot for Camaro's.

horns666, what kind of gear is in the Mustang? I figure for that kind of time you've gotta be running at least a 4.10 gear. Standard or automatic tranny?

Comment

bought my first car at age 16. 1969 Plymouth barracuda 'cuda
        originally 383/727 with 8 3/4. Came with a 4406bbl. .509,3:91's,paid it off working at mcd's for 1 year.Just sold it back to the guy I bought it off from for $13k.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it was lemon twist yellow with black racing stripe,black hemi firberglass hoodscoop.pushing 475hp and 500lbs+,22 years old now...fuck i miss my cuda.Also installed a cheatah reverse pattern valve body...talk about snapping your neck..i'll post pictures later tonight.

Comment

For me personally it is the 1969 GTO Judge. Nuff Said.

Comment

In the past I had:

1969 Dodge Charger 383
            1968 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum
            1970 Plymouth GTX (440 donor)
            1970 Dodge Dart GT
            1986 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How big were you when you had the 5.0 Ron??

I couldn't stand my 92. Way to uncomfertable for me
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I think I have done this before ,but, here it goes again.....list of cars I had:

71 Challenger with 440+6. Nothing real crazy ,but, pretty fun and fast.

72 Olds 442 with 455 bored and stroked to 492 cu in with 2x4 bbls and 150HP dual stage nitrous plate. This car was just nasty.

87 Buick GNX...my Dad bought this new and gave it to me not long after I graduated. Most of us know about these cars. 3.8L V-6 with a big as hair dryer under the hood.

68 Camaro with 327 and power glide. Just a fun car to cruise in.

88 Fiero GT with turbo and 75 HP nitrous. Fun car to piss of people in Mustang GTs and stock Vettes.

88 IROC with 377 cu in small block ( 400 block with 350 crank and rods ). Not much for sheer grunt, but, had a mid range to top end that was fun as hell.

2002 Z28 with 6 spd. Debadged so it looks like a basic Camaro until you see the dual exhaust. Fairly stock....daily driver that sees about 140 miles every day.

I am currently looking/saving for a big block 68 or 69 Charger. No, its not a Dukes of Hazzard thing....I always did love the Coke bottle shape of these cars. They just look fast sitting still.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I have a 66 charger for sale

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    How big were you when you had the 5.0 Ron??

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot skinnier than I am now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Then I was 6'4" 200-220#

the car didn't have much in the way of leg room, but I loved it! It was a stripped down 5 speed, so it was hella fast and got great MPG too!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hmmm..somebody asked..if I had 4:10 in my Mustang..

what I'm getting is not a Mustang...it is a Factory Five 427 Shelby Cobra..it weighs 2100 lbs...and with a bone stock 225 hp 5.0 drivetrain , with 3:55 rear .. it does high 12's to 13 flat...it goes 0-60 in approx 4 seconds..

bolt on a supercharger and I'll be in the low 10's...maybe 9's..EASY..FUCK!!!

This one crazy bastard put a friggin' brand spankin' new Viper motor in one...could you imagine that shit...a Viper Motor in a 2000 Lb car..14K will buy you a Viper motor..

Jim Shine I agree about the depreciation factor when buying a new toy or any new car...that's why I went with a Factory Five Cobra..they go for X amount of money...that is etched in stone basically...

There were four for that just sold around here this spring all between 28K - 32K , including mine..it'll be worth the same next year and years after that..if not more....that's how I met my dude...these things sell thru word of mouth ...

I can't wait to get it...neither can anyone I know...John can't wait either..he can make this thing break the land speed record..and he will! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If it sounds like I'm bragging...well its because I am!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Holy Crap Ron...I weigh 220...and I'm a whole 5'8"...but I'm fiesty! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I always weigh 220...whether I'm in shape or not...give or take 10 lbs..

So make that Cobra 2320 lbs...hauling my ass.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can't wait...I'm going to dry hump it in my fuckin' driveway in front of all my stupid neighbors....I'm going to lick it and shit!!... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

American muscle is cool, but I prefer Aussie Muscle.....

Hail yesterday

Comment

The last of the V8 interceptors! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

DRS, you still have that Charger? That was a good deal for someone who lived nearby. While I dislike the '66 and '67 Charger body, The dashes are awesome! Infact, the interior is in my opinion, far superior to the later cars.

Comment

Ya, I really don't want to get rid of it but I real time to get into it

Comment

Working...
                                X