Paypal f*cking me around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal f*cking me around

I got a receipt this morning as for a transaction for a certain amount of money that i did not agree to. I made a payment to merchnow over a month ago for about $50. That transaction was taken care of. But this transaction is totally alien to me.

Every time i go to login it says i have to enter my debit card details. Every time i do it says the details are wrong, even though i know for sure it isn't. Because of this i can't contact Paypal. Can any one help me? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Paypal f*cking me around

Call them...get it sorted out before you pay anything.

Comment

Customer Service Center

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you during the following times:

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
      6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST on Saturday and Sunday

Call us toll-free at: 1-888-221-1161

We may only discuss an account with the account-holder. Please have the following information available when you call:
      Your telephone number
      Your email address
      The last 4 digits of your credit card or bank account registered with PayPal
      For security reasons, we must verify the above details before discussing any account-specific information.

Try Our Self-Service Phone Options
      PayPal's Speech-Enabled phone system allows you to speak, or use your telephone keypad, to let us know exactly what you would like to do when contacting us. For example,
      Listen to recent transactions - say "Transaction History"
      Check the status of claims and disputes - say "Case Status"
      Request a password reset email - say "Password"
      Hear other account-specific information
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sounds fishy... Better call them for sure..

Comment

Actually, it sounds phishy...I'd be very careful with this one.

Comment

Hmm, you entered your info? Sounds like youve been phished to me. Did you use the link provided in the email to login? If so, I think youre screwed. Have you tried just going to paypal.com to log in? I got one of these recently that said that a bid for an auction was cancelled and it provided a link to login to ebay with. But being a skeptic I checked the url of the link and sure enough it was a scam. You had better check that asap before they empty your debit account.

Comment

Yep, Carbuff is right, and look at that email you got, then highlight any link in the email and see what it really is at the bottom of IE, as opposed to only what it appears to be in the text of the email. I've seen many of these in my box, never use the email's link, use what you always use...

Comment

everytime i go on paypal, i type it in, i never use a link unless its off ebay..

Comment

luckily nothing has been taken out of the account. I've withdrawn all the money from my account so they won't be able to get anything from me. I'll be going to my bank and reporting this and they'll change my bank details for me. Scamming mother f*ckers need a gun to their head! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Glad you didn't get ripped off, but sorry you had to go to all the trouble of changing your info--good thing you moved fast.

Supposedly phishing attacks have gotten more sophisticated in the last few months. I wouldn't really know for sure, since I don't ever open any e-mails purporting to be about any of my online accounts--on the assumption that they are all phishing attempts. Most of the ones I get have misspellings and such in the subject line, but some can be pretty convincing.

Comment

Microsoft files lawsuit against phishers
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X