Follow the Reaper... Great album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow the Reaper... Great album!

I finally walked out of the CD store feeling like I spent my money well. That's been a first for a while. Follow the Reaper is a great album! It's good to hear a new keyboard sound and some black metalists that solo! My only complaint is that some of the solos sound too similair, otherwise a nice album. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Follow the Reaper... Great album!

Kissing The Shadows has my favourite solo ever, unbelieveable.

Follow The Reaper has one of the greatest riffs i've ever heard.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I used to love that album, but my overall musical tastes have been moving towards blues based stuff, so I kinda lost interest, but that album and Something Wild had some kickass solos.

Comment

What band are you guys talking about?
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Children Of Bodom

Comment

Kissing The Shadow (not Shadows :P) has a very nice solo, yes.

I love all the Finnish neoclassical stuff. But it's (COB + others) just a small part of a gazillion more things, so I keep that to sober me up.

COB is great, nothing suuuper, but very great. Alexi is sloppy live, though, and has an ego problem...
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ok, cool. I saw those dudes last year with Dimmu Borgir and both bands were great. Dimmu's sound was a bit muddy but they put on a great show.

Alexi played his hole off that night, he was very impressive.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I like the entire superhigh pitch whammied sustained note he does, and the he pulls the guitar up above him with the whammybar and stands arched back like that. Very theatrical but cool as hell.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I had the same impression as JimmyB. Alexi nailed every note that night. Dimmus sound seemed to start farting out more and more as the show went on but, they were so tight!

When we bumped into Alexi before the show he was very cool...He looked scared at first actually. Of course he had three guys staggering toward him on a back street down town Vancouver sounding like Barney off the Simpson’s..."Heeeaaaeey lexeee"! He kinda stopped there like he was thinking about running till he heard us finally utter his name coherently, then he relaxed! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I had the same impression as JimmyB. Alexi nailed every note that night. Dimmus sound seemed to start farting out more and more as the show went on but, they were so tight!

When we bumped into Alexi before the show he was very cool...He looked scared at first actually. Of course he had three guys staggering toward him on a back street down town Vancouver sounding like Barney off the Simpson’s..."Heeeaaaeey lexeee"! He kinda stopped there like he was thinking about running till he heard us finally utter his name coherently, then he relaxed! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, I had the same experience when I met him too. He looked scared when I first approached him, but if a drunken stranger knew my name and came up to me I'd be caught off guard too

Comment

Great band. Something Wild is my fav album though..

Alexi is realy cool, I met him in june last year and he took the time to talk to us and have a beer
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Kissing The Shadows has my favourite solo ever, unbelieveable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That's my favorite track on the CD. I just showed it to my mom (by far not a black metal fan) and she loved it. I thought it was tight that the keyboard and guitars would trade off. I wish I could figure that solo out.

[ QUOTE ]
                        COB is great, nothing suuuper

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing super? What do you call super? In my humble opinion, they're the most talented black metal band that I've ever heard. Few metal acts period can beat that.

Comment

Alexi is phenomenal!! I just bought Sinergy-Suicide by My Side which is sorta like a side project of his. It doesn't have the death metal vocals (basically a female bruce dickinson singing). I love COB.......but this Sinergy album is killer as well.

Comment

Meh
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey Ron, they may be backstabbing assholes as people, but you have to admit that's a killer album and the boy can play.

I think Sinergy is done though, so even though Alexi's doing well our friend has vengeance towards Kimberly, who no longer even has a website or forum. Funny how karma is...

You have to figure anyway, who from sunny SoCal would really want to live in Finland anyway? That'd have to get old pretty fast unless it was your homeland.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X