Steroid hearings???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid hearings???

Did anybody else watch any of this on ESPN? The player part was a bunch of crap. Conseaco came off like as much of an a-hole as ever. But I loved seeing Selig and Ferr get hammered by the commitee. They have done nothing but dance around the issue for years and looked like the jerk offs they are for the whole world to see.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Re: Steroid hearings???

i saw some of it. The whole thing is a disgrace no matter what side your on. Mcguire was kinda funny. i really want to know why congress has any interest in this at all. seems like a huge waste of taxpayer (mine and yours) money. anyone with me? Scott

Comment

With ya Scott.

Comment

+1 Scott, they should have more important things to do.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

it's the American way, we spend more money on bullshit than any other country in the world. Like we don't have more important issues to worry about!@
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Congress is getting involved because MLB is putting on the same horse and pony show they always do. Meaning they once again managed to do nothing. MLB is basically the one to blame for congress getting involved.
            We must!
            We must!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Personally, it reminded me of the Judas Priest trials way back when. The way they're trotting out all these parents whose kid's used steriods and then killed themselves. Nothing like glossing over the real problem, huh?
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

it's not the parents' fault that their kids were using steroids, nor was MLB to blame. these kids made decisions that were probably made under stress from coaches to use steroids.

taylor hooten (one of the kids who killed himself) went to the HS that my son will go to. his death was a pretty big deal down here.

that said, i saw about 80% of the players testimony. not really sure what to think just yet other than canseco was called out on a lot of inconsistencies, and mcgwire was disappointing, for sure.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If you didn't see the portion of the hearings with Selig and Ferr then you missed the heart of the matter. I agree about the part with the players and the parents. They made their own decisions. But MLB is claiming to be taking a tougher stance on the issue when indeed the policy really hasn't changed at all. And I think that is what brought these hearings up. If you got to see Selig and Ferr make themselves look stupid you'd probably see why congress is making everyone else have to deal with this also. I'm never up for government butting in on public corporations. But being a baseball fan I think MLB is just dicking around the steriods issue because they can give a shit as long as they are pulling in the green. No astericks in the record books and no change in the policy. But hey most of those guys in the record books are dead so who gives a shit about their records.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!

Comment

I heard a while ago this comes from the President. He being an avid baseball fan and former owner wants the sport cleaned up. I believe that is a motivating factor behind it
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Congress is wasting our time and money on this crap. This is not, in any way, shape or form, a federal issue. Congress demeans itself--and insults the taxpayers--when it spends its time bullying people around in committee hearings. I'm sure that steroids are a big deal to people who give a sh!t about baseball, but don't waste my fukkin' tax dollars holding useless hearings...I think congressmen should be locked in a room and forced to read the Constitution, particularly the Commerce Clause and the Tenth Amendment, until they *get it*.

Comment

It bothers me that there are so many other issues that need attention. Our elected officials are wasting tax dollars and precious time by holding a public display for a roid-head who wrote a book because nobody pays attention to him anymore, a guy who talks with marbles in his mouth, and a big guy who should be wearing a skirt who gave his money away to charities.

Sorry, this is government waste at it's finest.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          It bothers me that there are so many other issues that need attention. Our elected officials are wasting tax dollars and precious time by holding a public display for a roid-head who wrote a book because nobody pays attention to him anymore, a guy who talks with marbles in his mouth, and a big guy who should be wearing a skirt who gave his money away to charities.

Sorry, this is government waste at it's finest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, this is such a waste of time and... [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh.. I forgot one description to add to the guy who talks with marbles in his mouth... He's a corkhead...
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

the whole thing is a waste of time and not worthy of a congressional hearing. I don't approve of steriod use but this whole hearing is stupid imho
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X