Any JCFers in Salt Lake City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any JCFers in Salt Lake City?

I'm going to be in Salt Lake City next week on business with a couple of co-workers, and am looking for suggestions on what to do around town. I've heard that the bar situation is "unique" in SLC, but otherwise know nothing about the place.
    sigpic

Re: Any JCFers in Salt Lake City?

My buddy turned down an engineer posotion with DOD/Digitech there as it was so boring and in the middle of nowhere.

I guess you cold go racing in the salt flats... Hehe..

Comment

Well the skiing is awesome in Utah, literally 1/2 hour outside of the city.
      however if you don't ski [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Not true at all. I lived in Utah for four years while attending BYU and while the liquor laws are different than most states, booze is readily available. There are some fanatastic clubs that cater to hard rock and metal and you can usually catch some great local acts.

I first saw Pantera at a club in SLC called Rafters and that place was always bringing in quality rock and metal bands. At the same club I was able to see King's X, Skid Row, Galactic Cowboys and a pile of other really cool bands.

SLC gets a rap for being a boring town due to most peoples misconceptions about how prevalent the Mormon influence is. The influence is there, but the local kids go out of their way to prove that they are not square. Utah girls are totally horny and love to have a great time.

Strippers wear pasties, though. Which is kind of a bummer.

As others have mentioned, the skiing is among the best in North America, as is the upscale night life in Park City. You're also only an hour away from Wendover, Nevada if the gambling thing is your bag.

Go to Utah expecting to be bored to death and then be pleasantly surprised on your flight home.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
        X