Pink Floyd...awesome shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Floyd...awesome shit!

My bro is a huge Floyd fan. Tonight kicking back listening to old stuff like Echoes, Pompei stuff, and the whole Animals album. I forget how moving this stuff really is. Not just Gilmour either, the whole vibe, the lyrics, the ambiance, nothing has come close since.

Re: Pink Floyd...awesome shit!

was the water bubbling jim? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Lol. yeah, and the pie had no crust!

Comment

You should try it with Laserium! Like, wow, man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.laserium.com/
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, cool stuff... For its time... Back in 76... Hehe...

I think I must have fried the brain cells that enjoyed that stuff. About all I can stomach now is maybe Animals...

Comment

I've got the Shine On box set and still love listening to some of the old shit once in awhile. That Syd Barrett was one fucked up, fascinating dude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yup. Kicking back to Pink Floyd while hitting the bong, great times.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Love the Floyd! I find I only really listen to them in the winter though. Light a fire, turn the lights down, fire one up and melt into the couch.....why oh why must I be at work today!

Comment

I like listening to them (Darkside of the Moon) when I'm watching Wizard of Oz. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Gilmour is simply incredible.

It is real art.

Comment

With Gilmour, every note counts.

Comment

Gilmour is the true master of phrasing
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Has anyone ever made a DVD with the Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon combined? I'm interested, but not enough to cue both up at the same time.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

My era of interest in mainly post Barret-pre DSOTM. Not that I don't care for DSOTM and later things. I usually hear that stuff on the radio. The Pompei version of "Echoes" in my opinion is the most inspiring song I have ever heard, and it sure isn't in the lyrics alone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              My era of interest in mainly post Barret-pre DSOTM. Not that I don't care for DSOTM and later things. I usually hear that stuff on the radio. The Pompei version of "Echoes" in my opinion is the most inspiring song I have ever heard, and it sure isn't in the lyrics alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I remember seeing part of the video for the Pompeii "Echoes" on USA Nightflight (remember that show?--pre-MTV)--I was just instantly floored. I wish they would release the audio from Live at Pompeii in a remastered version on cd. The version of "One of These Days" from Pompeii is pretty damn amazing as well--Nick Mason goes nuts on the drums...

Comment

Working...
                              X