Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend a new PC for me

shred,
    take it from me, i say bag the computer, and start teaching your kids how to throw a split fingered fastball in the backyard instead. you can bat 220 now and still make millions. you can literally suck, ride the bench, etc. and get millions. if i had kids that is what i would do, or teach them how to fight with a knife. anyway, whatever you get, i might have some juicy memory here for you by the end of the week. i sent out a bunch of 1 gigs, 512's and 256's to some board dudes last week. i wonder if any of them will work-lol
    GET a DELL
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Oh yah, I've got the Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer. I swear I've never seen a pic come out so clear and precise. Gotta set the options for the right paper and quality, but it really kicks ass. It's cheap too, think like $100 appx.

Comment

I live in Long Island, and can help build a computer for ya.. just buy me a 6 pack and a song or something..

If yer not going for a self-made one, get a dell. My friends have had awful experiences with compaq/HP, and all the 'custom' brands like alienware and voodoo are way overpriced.

Comment

I bought a Dell XPS July 2003 and I have not been disappointed yet. The only probs I have ever had was with the crappy Lexmark printer that came with it. I have since bought an HP photosmart printer and it rocks!

Omn another note I am buying an apple powerbook next month and an Ipod. I'm getting tired of hauling all my CD's around with me.

Comment

I bought a Dell last October when my Gateway(6 years old) started dying and I've been really pleased with it. My only gripe is I had to sell my soloist to buy it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I say Dell to a certain degree. You can't build one cheaper than you can buy a Dell for... But I will say this, I've bought 3 of them in the last month or so.

1 for my Dad, Dim8400, no problems, nice box, quick turnaround.
              My buddy Shaky and i got 2 more (Dim8400), one for him and one for Freehill ( who works for me now, btw ) and we got em on Tuesday, Shaky got his going, set it up, installed Norton's Internet security, rebooted... STOP ERROR! Blue Screen of death! errrrrrrr.. restore, did NOT put Norton's back on, running fine.

We busted out Free's yesterday, powered it up, no hard drive, none found... Cracked the case, and the drive wasn't even plugged in!?!?!?!? So, we plugged the drive in, no problem and here we are...

Now, with Shaky, I told him to just call dell and see wassup, hour and a half on hold and still nobody, no response, I took it on myself to do the restore and here we are...

if you do buy a Dell, go through www.fatwallet.com and check there every day for hot deals, one day specials, etc.

All this talk about dell and I sit here and type on my STOOPID fast G5!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

+1 there Sully... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Get a Mac!
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                X