STOLEN GUITAR ALERT GMW "5150"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN GUITAR ALERT GMW "5150"

I sent it to Fort Wayne, Indiana. UPS "supposedly" left it outside his door. I say supposedly because he delivered two packages, and only the guitar was taken, the other package was sitting there, but no guitar. UPS had three different stories from the driver {a trainee}. Very rural area...6 acres between surrounding houses. Anyway, here's a neckplate shot with serial #.

Re: STOLEN GUITAR ALERT GMW \"5150\"

That blows, I'm sure everyone will try to keep a lookout for it but it may get disassembled. If you have other shots of the rest of the guitar please post them.

Comment

If this was a sale on your part, the buyer's recourse is with UPS. If you sent it as a gift or for repairs, I can see you being highly pissed. In no way should you be responsible for a UPS driver leaving it without someone signing for and receiving it.
      I know they do it sometimes, but it should be their risk to do so.

If I can't be there to get a package I call the depot to have them keep it there and go pick it up. It's a 40-mile round trip but worth the peace of mind.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

WTF??That just sux Doug,hope all gets worked out for the best bro!!

Comment

UPS leaves packages quite often w/o signature. Not SOP but it happens alot. If the driver is responsible, they either try to hide it or leave it with a neighbor but they're suppose to leave the "we were here" tag and state a date/time for retry.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            UPS leaves packages quite often w/o signature. Not SOP but it happens alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! And it pisses me off, royally. They've left guitars in broad daylight on my front porch several times without signature. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I live in a good neighborhood, but would never knowingly take the risk, anyway.

This scenario is my worst nightmare, and is why I ask shippers to use the "hold for pickup" option. i.e., They hold it at the nearest UPS distribution center, for customer pickup with ID.

Sorry to hear, Doug. I hope it works out for you with minimal hassle. ...And ten bucks says that UPS trainee was going to bail on his job, and just decided to give himself an early retirement "bonus". [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know why you fellers use UPS anyway...what with all the horror stories and their terrible rep. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, there are horror stories with all shippers, and the next best one, Fedex, won't properly insure a guitar over 20 years old. Granted this guitar doesn't fit that category, but each shipper has its own pains in the ass for the users.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah but, UPS = #1 PITA shipper, with the most horror stories. I'll never ever use them.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Go DHL, they're pretty decent.

I had a FedEx Ground driver make off with a package I shipped...thing is, he made of with the entire truck. FedEx Ground drivers are contractors for the most part (I learned). This guy just made off with the entire days deliveries.

I still had to wait 3 months for my insurance check.

Comment

wow, I guess I've been pretty lucky where it concerns guitars. I've had a couple claims but nothing major. Most my troubles have come from amps or cabs.

I had a guy send a 4x12 once. The bottom two speakers were Ev12 with huge magnets. They were mounted with four wood screws, not bolts into a threaded piece they mount into the wood on some cabs. Those suckers tore the bottom of the baffle up on a 3000 mile truck ride even with decent packing. UPS denied the claim. One of my many amp horror stories from UPS.

Anyways, I hope the guitar surfaces.

Comment

That sucks dude. I can't imagine losing a guitar because of someone else being stupid. If I lost it because I was a dumbass, that'd be one thing, but UPS shouldn't do that. In my experiences, FedEx breaks things and UPS loses things, so I think I'm gonna try DHL next time

Comment

Working...
                        X