The Definition of a Dumb Ebay F!@#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Definition of a Dumb Ebay F!@#

Thx for the comments guys. Anyhow, guitar has been set up and I resoldered the joints, exchanged the tone knob and oddly enough, she plays great now. Sounds nice, Piezo works, and the action is great.

But, there has been no response from the seller in these two days. Im thinking that if there is not, im gonna make up a little web page with pictures and details of how the seller treated thigns, and then send it to him showing that it will be my "negative feedback" link unless I am given somethign for the damages. Lets face it, it's likely not a HUGE deal, but I paid good $$$ for a guitar in the description.

Im not sure what to ask for in return, I have got various replys, but at this point, maybe to have my shipping refunded as well as an extra 10-15 for touch up paint, other then that, I wont be greedy.

Im just glad this wasnt a 700$+ guitar, then I would be furious. BTW, heres another picture. Really nice $$$ for the money. However it's just a temp guitar that im gonnna flip in a few weeks, I have somethign special on the way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If you intend to flip it then I'd demand to return it for a full refund, since you will lose out on the flip with the damage it now has. Touchup paint won't eliminate the gouges
      you described and showed us.

Get his contact info from Ebay and phone him.
      Tell him you want a complete refund, or $100 back for the damage and neglect. If he blows you off file a Paypal complaint. That will get his attention. You can file for getting an item that's not in described condition, which damaged and NOT professionally packed are both qualifying factors for that. You have every right to do that, don't feel greedy
      at all.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I believe that the paypal protection policy requires them to have it packed well, I could almost swear I saw that.

Comment

Well, if I choose to go that route, will I basically jsut send him the guitar back and get refunded? Or can Paypal / Ebay force him to pay for damages incurred?

I have a perfect Ebay record, and I dont wanna ruin that, I havent left him, nor received any feedback on the item. Obviously if I give him a negative, I will get one back!

Comment

That sucks! I got my old Kelly XLR off ebay a few years ago in just the big Kelly case. All that was wrapped around the middle of the case was a thin piece of cardboard with the UPS shipping label and my address. The case had a little crack in it, but I'm not sure if that was there before or if it was done during shipping. Luckily nothing was wrong with the guitar, but it just really pissed me off there was no other protection for it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toe,

I felt the same way about my RGF JJ2 when it came. It was in it's case thrown into a flimsy cardboard box, and the tape was starting to come off.
              The guitar itself wasn't packed at all and the guitar CAN move in this particular case. I don't think there is anything wrong with being snobby when it comes to packing.
              I was highly ticked (especially for the price I paid for the axe, including shipping insurance). Luckily everything was okay.
              I now will ONLY buy from a JCF dealer or JCF buddy. I doubt I will ever buy another high-end guitar off icky bay again. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
              I am rarely lucky, so my ONE card was already played.

Em

Comment

Damn, what the hell is wrong with people?!? Like it's so hard to get some newspaper, bubble wrap, packing peanuts or even some foam??
                BTW, those eggcrate foam mattress pads are awesome for packing material!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can get those mattress pads, and probably other forms of packing material pretty cheap at a Dollar General/Family Dollar type store. It's better than nothing, even if it's not the best stuff. Heck, getting used, throwing away anyway boxes free from there, or other stores is better than no packing at all. It might cost a few bills more to ship, but it could save days or weeks of headaches from dealing with a damaged item. My 1986 JCM 800 head was shipped in Just A Box.....no packing at all. But when I had to send it back to have the input jack repaired (because of the packaging most likely), I was required to pack it 2 inches all around. I always save the peanuts/bubblewrap, and boxes I get now. It saves a lot of $ and time later on.
                  www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

In my experience with Pay Pal, when you file a claim it will ask if you received the goods, if you click "yes" and go to proceede, it closes the case right there and will not allow you to file another complaint on that transaction ID. The basic Pay pal coverage says you will get the item and any issues outside of that are not their problem. They want you to pay an extra fee at the time of purchase to cover anything outside of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X