Hearing loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing loss

I am doing a paper for school, and I was just wanted to get some informal info if you are willing to share>
    Any musicians or support personnel (techs, engineers, soundmen, etc) on this board that have verified hearing loss?
    Just curious as to percentages or severities
    Thanks in advance

Re: Hearing loss

<font color="yellow">Well, the Marine Corps bought me 2 hearing aides when I failed my first 5 year physical....and it was abnormal coming in, but I don't really know if it's due to guitar, heavy equipment, or gunfire [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Eh, fukk it.....what ya gonna do [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

I had a very good hearing until about 3 years ago. Dunno why, I don't listen to music too loudly and haven't done band pracitces for a long time. Hearing loss isn't too big, but I'm worried about my hearing strays, like when I'm in the car and the music is playing and somone is talking, then I don't understand what he/she is saying, I just hear the voice, the words doesn't make any sense to me. Strange sh1t.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have some minor hearing loss going on. If there is background noise, I can't hear someone talking very well. I think mine is due to too many concerts w/o earplugs. I even use them for band practice now.

Comment

Working...
        X