Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddball Request...Or any help

Hey all,

I know this is a wierd request, but can't find another resolution for this problem. I'm probably gonna have to end up selling my Rhoads soon for school, but I don't have a box to ship the guitar/case in. Does anyone know where I can get a box (my local dealers suck, won't/can't help me out, but the Rhoads case is especially huge too) to ship it when it does come? Or does anyone have an xtra one lying around they can send to me? Thanks.

- Irfaan -

Re: Oddball Request...Or any help

<font color="aqua">Do you have a bicycle shop near you? Those are great places to get good, heavy duty boxes. Sorry to hear you have to sell the Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but an education is very responsible [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and with your new found education, you'll be able to afford a nicer one right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I always tell them I'll by them coffee if they'll give me a shipping box,works everytime!!

Comment

Try Mailboxes Etc., the one near me has pretty big boxes.

Comment

hit the supermarkets in town. and steal beer if there's no boxes.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sometimes you have to make one from two. A keyboard box sometimes works well too.

Comment

Bicycle shops.
              Chuck(racer) advised me once. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also places like Costco.

Comment

wait until garbage day, outside (or in behind) music stores, they throw out all of their boxes. Out here they just put them by the road the night before, for the garbage trucks in the AM. I had to use a keyboard box to send my Kelly in the mail....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  <font color="aqua">Sorry to hear you have to sell the Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but an education is very responsible [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and with your new found education, you'll be able to afford a nicer one right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, it sucks. Especially this one, it's my Stars 24 fret Rhoads too, but I look at it exactly the way you said. When I actually have a career instead of a job, I should be making more money so I can afford some cool stuff, so I'm not crying my eyes out that it's going, but a little depressed still.

Thanks for the info guys. Didn't think to check the bike shops or look for keyboard boxes. This case is just a monster! THanks again.

- Irfaan -

Comment

"wait until garbage day, outside (or in behind) music stores, they throw out all of their boxes. Out here they just put them by the road the night before, for the garbage trucks in the AM. I had to use a keyboard box to send my Kelly in the mail.... "

Thats exactly what I have done, usually there are TONS and I have a selection to choose from [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My local stores compact the boxes and tie em up tight as hell, but gonna ask em for they keyboard boxes.

Comment

ahh the dignity of the dumpster dive.

Comment

Working...
                        X