Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was just invited to judge Guitarmageddon tonite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just invited to judge Guitarmageddon tonite!

That right, I will be judging tonite's Guitarmageddon in Atlanta along with Jeff Carlisi (.38 Special) and a third judge.

Should be fun!

Re: I was just invited to judge Guitarmageddon tonite!

You get to taser the first kid who plays "Stairway" right??? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Better yet, i'm bringing a hammer and an ample supply of finger splints...

And i'd rather hear Stairway than anything from the 90's, those guys might need a wheelchair before they leave...

Comment

<font color="yellow">Man....I'm totally jealous [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'm a major fan of 38 Special and especially the guitar work of Jeff Carlisi

The front man, Don Barnes, is also a great, melodic guitar player IMO [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I seen them a while back (years [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]) and it was like putting in a 38 Special CD really, really loud!! They are great live!!

Check out Sturgis Live on CD/DVD. All the hits (well, most of em) live.

The only bad thing is Carlisi had already left prior to that being taped [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

i wish you were the judge for me at the regional finals 2 years ago in southern cal, 3 of the 5 judges were under 18, i was doomed from the start.-lol
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

damn...knew i shoulda entered...lol...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Re: I was just invited to judge Guitarmageddon ton

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Too cool!
              Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Jazzman is in it next week in Albany NY. Wish him luck! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to see my lead guitarist tonight.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I stuck around work for the Guitarmageddon tonight. All you guys who say that none of the kids are into playing these days, I have two words for you-BULL SHIT. There are 5 kids in the Guitarmageddon tonight that were all under 16 and they were all shredders, and they were all way better than me. Kids wanna play.

Comment

My boy made it to the next round. And yep, there were some young shredders there.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

It is cool that kids are shredding again ...that is kick ass..

I was winning last year until I was disqualified for slappin' the means streets intro with my pud..

whha whhaaa...what I do.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good. At least think of that when you're judging.

It doesn't mean, say things that suck are good. But something may not be your style, but still may be done very well. I don't know how judging these events goes, but going in disliking anything from X era isn't a nice way to go, I don't think.

Comment

Well, it was Jeff Carlisi (.38 Special), Billy Odom (studio musician who's recorded with Mariah Carey, Usher among others), and yours truly as the 3 judges here in Atlanta last nite.

There were 7 guys competing, and I was actually suprised because they were all decent. The standout of the night was a kid from South Carolina who won on all three judges cards. He had a Satriani kind of feel, great tone, and mixed it up a bit which we all thought was cool.

I think what hurts alot of guys is that they overplay. You can see they have talent, but they try to do too much and then they lose the feel and technique.

Overall I had a great time, it was definately cool to be asked to be there!

Comment

Sweet.. did you meet and JCFers there?
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                              X