OMFG Photochop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMFG Photochop

You know, when I was overweight, I always dressed for my size. I wore clothes that fit me, I didnt wear "tents" and I didnt try to fit into clothes that were too small. I always looked nice and neat. sure, I was overweight, but I still looked decent. I just dont understand people who dress like that......it baffels me. I mean it just draws more attention to the fact that they are overweight.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Exactly, Tone! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I'm not a beanpole, but I don't have the Beer Gut or Monster Ass. I wear clothes that fit fairly loosely so I have room to move around and am not gasping for air or tugging and twisting at them all day cuz I feel a draft.
      I work with a chick that dresses like KungFu Dancer Chick, and she's always wearing TWO shirts (somebody gotta explain that one as well - like the long sleeve t-shirt with a short sleeve t-shirt on top).
      And neither shirt is her size!

She's not "ugly fat", but she's "sloppy fat" - she'd be very pretty if she wasn't so floppy, but she wouldn't have to go for the stick chick look to do it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well Newc, we are obviously not "in the know" on this issue. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I just dont get it. It seems women that are chubby look much worse because they try to look thin by dressing like thin chicks. Maybe guys do that too, I dont know. I dont pay attention to how guys look, I just notice if they are fat. But I dont pay attention to how guys dress and look, so maybe Its just because I focus on looking at chicks that they always look so crappy dressed like that.

Its not that difficult to dress decent if your overweight. just buy clothes that fit, simple. I know I am going to sound like a crusader here, but people really need to just get off their lazy arses and loose the weight. I can say this because I did. I was a overweight lazy fat bastard. I just got sick of it. I woke up one day literally, and layed there staring at the ceiling, and I said outloud to myself, "thats it!!!" I started my diet that day, I changed my life and I havent looked back. I lost 125 lbs. So, I say to ANYONE, if I can do it, you can do it too. I take pride in my appearance and I look good. The thing people dont realize is, its not as difficult as they think it is to lose weight.

anyway, I dont think you and I will ever figure that one out Newc. If you do, please let me know. ROCK ON DUDE!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I did the same thing [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I was always a "chubby kid" - at dinnertime I always ate two plates, and was always eating more/bigger portions than everyone else. I ate quickly, too, so the plate I had just knocked off didn't have time to fill me up before I was cramming more in behind it.
          Then one night I had finished my first plate and started to go for a second, and stopped. I realized what I had been doing and that it WAS the reason I was fat. I put my plate in the sink and was done for the day.
          My Mom thought I was getting sick, or that the food wasn't good, but I told her why I did it, and that I wasn't going to eat like that anymore. I was 16 and over 220lbs. I'm 36 and find myself creeping back up over 200, but for my height (6'3"), I'm close to my 'Ideal' weight.

The first step to losing weight is not a push UP, it's a push BACK; Back from the table.

Of course, I still need to exercise to get rid of the excess fat and tone up muscle, but that's normal, and from what I've seen it's something that a lot of people forget when dieting. They see floppy skin and think it's more fat they have to lose, or that they'll never lose. It's muscle that has to be toned and tightened to pull the skin tighter, however, since our skin stretches as we get fat, toned muscles will not always get rid of it. It depends on how big you were before.

Now where's Ron with that pic of a train going off the tracks? Cuz this thread's seriously derailed now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

yea and its my fault too..... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Eh, it's not far off the track. Good timing too....I need to get myself motivated to lose...ah...about 70 pounds.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

you can do it Ron. anyone can, you just have to want it bad enough. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

The trck is not to look at 70 lbs as the goal, but 10, or 5. Something easy. If you look at the whole 70, then you work work work and you've "only" lost 5lbs, that's exactly how you'll see it - as "only" 5 lbs.
                  But, if you look at it 5 or 10 lbs at a time, and you work work work, then when that same 5 comes off, you've either met your goal or you're halfway there, which is a helluva lot more encouraging.
                  Then it's easy to say (and do) "I'm going for 5/10 more" and you can actually REACH that goal. You can even raise the goal 5 or 10 more once you get in the swing of it, and before long you're saying "Geez, that 70 came off quick!"

Comment

As an ex "Fat Kid", I concur wholeheartedly with Newc and Tone! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

WEll, there you go Ron....

Newc, Snoogans, and myself are all former "Fat kids" that lost the weight. We are now all sexy bitches and need a forth former fat kid for our new boy band we are starting.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I think we are gonna call it the Phat Sexay Biotchez.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] unless Newc and Snoogans have a differnt name.... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

But really man, Newc has a point. Set reasonable goals, reach them, THEN move on. And I am gonna add this advice, when you reach a plateau where you just cant seem to loose another pound but you have been working out and sticking on the diet, do me and yourself a favor and HANG IN THERE!!! I hit many plateaus on my 125 lb journey. I got a bit discouraged after bustin ass for 3 weeks with no loss. but I hung in there and before know it, BAM! your weight starts to drop again. Just be consistant. And dont hop on fad diets!!! Go see your doctor and discuss differnt diets to find one that fits your lifestyle and that your doctor thinks is a healthy option for you, also ask your doc about starting an excercise program. You dont need to be an olympic weightlifter to lose weight, some very simple walking and excercises can be very effective for you to loose weight. To me the true key to success is finding a diet that FITS your lifestyle. You need to change your life really, its not about a 6 months diet. You need to find an easy and comfortable eating plan that you can be happy with. then choose the excercise.

You can do this, I gaurantee it Ron. Just be consistant, dedicated, and honest with yourself. The correct mental attitude is the cure. when your mind is made up, you attitude is set, the wieght will just melt off. I know it sounds to good to be true. but it can happen. Let us know what you decide. If you have any questions I would be glad to help you with my experiences. PM me if you like. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Fat chicks are cool. I lost my cherry to a fat chick....she was my boss a long time ago. They are SO wet! Wetter than the average bear anyway. I remember vividly that she left a snail trail as she slid up my thigh and I was soaked in clam sauce by the time the deed was done (ahem....not a very long period of time I might add). The bad thing was that my Dad and I were staying in a motel that night and were driving my car across country the following morning back to Montana. It was mid summer and my Dad always likes to leave early so I didn't take a shower. So there I was, driving my first car, a '73 Cutlass with bad air conditioning, glass-packs, and metallic green paint through the Great Plains and 90+ degree temps all day. Glad my Dad was in his truck or he woulda surely smelled the aroma of coitus. By the time we reached a hotel for the night, I smelled like an elk in heat.

Comment

I'm good with the Phat Sexay Biotches!
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok Soogans sounds good bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] , well Newc, we need your vote, after all you are lead singer.... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] and when we do our cheeesy boy band videos, Newc gets to use the Krylon and paint Hearts and stuff on girls doors and windows [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

in fact newc's stage name in the boy band should be "Kyle Krylon" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Fat chicks are cool. I lost my cherry to a fat chick....she was my boss a long time ago. They are SO wet! Wetter than the average bear anyway. I remember vividly that she left a snail trail as she slid up my thigh and I was soaked in clam sauce by the time the deed was done (ahem....not a very long period of time I might add). The bad thing was that my Dad and I were staying in a motel that night and were driving my car across country the following morning back to Montana. It was mid summer and my Dad always likes to leave early so I didn't take a shower. So there I was, driving my first car, a '73 Cutlass with bad air conditioning, glass-packs, and metallic green paint through the Great Plains and 90+ degree temps all day. Glad my Dad was in his truck or he woulda surely smelled the aroma of coitus. By the time we reached a hotel for the night, I smelled like an elk in heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll stick to the 90 lb'ers down on the sand thank you-lol
                              great story though tom. i don't know, my lousy 6 inch prison issue just doesn't get hard for the large ones. never did.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Agreed Tommy. And after reading Tom's vivid description, mine probably won't stand up again for a loooong time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok, Phat Sexay Biotches it is, but I'll be Krye Lon (chicks dig that sensitive sh1t [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Ron - Definitely avoid "the latest thing in dieting". Stay off the Adkins and Fatburner and StackerII and all that crap. You can continue to eat what you have been eating, just reduce the portions and increase the activity. Swimming is great, but so is just walking around. Powerwalking and all that is ok, but not necessary. Don't stroll like you're browsing in a store, but don't march like you're on a mission. Just walk like you walk when you're doing something you do every day, and do it every day. Walk around the block, the mall, the park, whatever.
                                Stairs are good for building leg strength, and they'll bounce your belly if you "Fred Astaire" on the way down (slightly sideways, leading with one foot but not crossing your feet, knees up high).
                                This type of thing tones your legs AND reduces your thigh size, and gets your heart rate up to where it needs to be to burn fat.
                                You can light your calories on fire with a gallon of diesel and a zippo but it's fat that has to burn. They are not the same thing.

And yes, your body will start crying out for more food to try to replace the fat that was burned, but think of fat as welfare junkies - take some away and they look for more, so ignore their cries.
                                Don't worry about startving to death, it ain't gonna happen. Listen to your body and you'll know the difference between starving mucles and starving cellulite.

Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and to keep your excess fat flushed out, but not so much you feel bloated and can't move around.
                                Sweating is good. It's a sign of burning fat. Don't stop when you start sweating, stop when you get thirsty.

Another thing you'll notice is that the food you're eating either isn't passing through like it should, or you're not losing any pounds. Don't panic. Your body has an inventory system and it will see "missing" fat, and try to replace that fat from the food that comes in, because that's what it's used to having around. You have to train your body to accept the downsizing.

And remember - you didn't put on 70 extra lbs in a week or a month, it took time. It'll take time to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X