Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you save songs from CDs in mp3 format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you save songs from CDs in mp3 format?

I bought an mp3 player, & wanted to put some songs from my CDs on it, problem is is the songs are not mp3 or WMA format. Anybody know how I can save these songs to my computer as mp3 format, so I can put them on my mp3 player?
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Re: How do you save songs from CDs in mp3 format?

If you have a program like Musicmatch, you can convert them and also change the quality as well.
    Also there are many other programs(free to download) that does the same job.
    I simply use Musicmatch which came with my HP PC.

Comment

If that MP3 player did not come with a software CD that has an MP3 ripper (usually musicmatch), then you got ripped off (sorry for the pun) or you picked it up used and the original owner forgot to give you the CD.

That said, I think musicmatch might be free to download?

There are tons of free MP3 rippers out there. Just do a google search on: mp3 ripper LAME

LAME is not a typo...it is an acronym (i forget what for). These MP3 rippers are free (as in open source) and have what is considered the best psychoacoustic model for optimal compression.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I love this one! Does all sorts of conversions...

http://www.poikosoft.com/

Comment

Last time I checked (admittedly a while ago), the free version of musicmatch had many restrictions on it (no volume leveling, etc). iTunes from Apple is an awesome all around music database that has great ripping ability. However, it won't *transfer* the songs to anything but an ipod. If you have a transfer utility already (or simply drag and drop to your player), then iTunes is a great all around music management/ripping/burning solution. I use mine for my iPod, but also convert stuff to mp3 for my sons rca mp3 player.

And if your player supports mp4 (aka AAC), iTunes does that too. AAC are smaller files with better quality than an mp3 with an equivalent bitrate.

Comment

there's a program available on ZDNET downloads (for free) called "dbPower Amp"....it's the ripper I use, and it's great!
            Every format available, and every combo of to and from conversions...again TOTALLY FREE-No restrictions!!

go find it here: www.zdnet.com/downloads

Comment

Working...
            X