Canada/US duties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada/US duties?

Where would I go to read up on duty fees? I want to start ordering stuff online but I've heard some bizarre stories about duty and don't want to get stuck with a huge bill. Thanks.

Re: Canada/US duties?

It's nearly unavoidable for anything sent to you via a major courier. In my experience, anything sent in the mail SOMETIMES gets tagged by customs, and SOMETIMES makes it through unopened.

If you can, just buy Canadian. I'm trying to keep this promise myself but it's hard with all the cool stuff around... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

guitar and amps made in the U.S don't have duty,but you have to pay taxes and brokerage fees.

Sometimes you get lucky I bought a Mesa Boogie amp off of Warriorx7[Ken] he shipped it USPS and they didn't charge me any tax and the brokerage fee was 5$
      [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Whatever you have shipped, avoid UPS and Fedex like the plague. Their brokerage fees are daylight robbery. I have everything shipped USPS, and all I pay is duty which usually amounts to GST (8%).
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
        X