Band breaks at my house!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band breaks at my house!!

Friday night I got a call from my buddy Jacoby(bass) from Deeds Of Flesh telling me that they are coming down a day early for their Saturday show in San Diego and that he and Mike(drums) want to hang out at my place. Well, we're all there drinking a few beers and listening to the rough mix of the new Deeds album(BRUTAL!!) and then something bad happened. I was walking back towards my house from the street and I hear Mike's voice coming from the side of the house saying "Ace, we fell off you balcony, an ambulance is on the way." Next thing I know Mike and Mechelle(Metal Judgement/Metal Update) are getting loaded into the ambulance and taken to the hosptial. Jacoby refused treatment at the scene and he rode with the neighbors and I to the ER at Harbor UCLA hospital. I spent almost all of Saturday at the hospital, with a few hours off in the middle of the day to take a nap at home. In the end, Mechelle has a slight fracture below her left knee, Mike has a broken wrist and a broken rib, and Jacoby got a fracture in his ankle and his spine. Everyone will be fine, just a few splints, casts, pins and bruises. Deeds had to cancel the San Diego show Saturday night, and they are being replaced tonight by my friends from Disgorge at their L.A. show, so I'll be going to that one. The guys just took off back for San Louis Obispo this afternoon, and I wish them all a speedy recovery. From now on they will be called Dudes That Fell in my book.
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Band breaks at my house!!

Sorry to hear that. Hope they get better asap.
    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Wow Ace, sounds like you had a pretty shitty weekend. Hope everthing turns out alright for your friends!

Comment

Good to hear no one was permanently injured! I'm a big fan of Metal Update and am glad to see its return a month or so ago. I know it's Friday, if for no other reason cos that is when I get their email!!
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Wild n crazy drinkin stories I tell ya! Good to hear everyone's ok and all too.

Comment

You have a balcony?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not any more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about that, Ace. Not for the balcony, but for the band. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Look on the bright side; at least your balcony wasn't 10 stories up.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Did the Balcony just drop from weight... Man that happened here in Chicago a while ago but it was higher than one story up... Glad everyone is alright
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The balcony didn't break, just the railing. There are pictures and the story at Deeds Of Flesh.net

Comment

Bad link... One too many HTTP:s hehe..

http://deedsofflesh.net/

Comment

Looks like a pretty flimsy balcony for 3 people to be on anyway... glad they're all OK
                      though. If they'd hit the bricks it would've been a lot worse.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X