Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another baseball thread... but a serious one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another baseball thread... but a serious one!

hey all,

for those of you who love the game, i want to know your feelings on the whole steroids issue. personally, it kills me that guys like mcgwire and bonds have broken records set by guys who were more likely on the sauce than the juice.

i think it's completely unfair to maris, ruth, and aaron that their records were broken by guys who had to shoot themselves up to do it. imo, it's completely disrespectful to those guys. i mean, sure, records are made to be broken, but they were so long standing, and imo, would still be records if there were a real steroids policy in the league.

while i understand that they may not have been illegal in baseball up until recently, but it's my understanding that it's always been illegal to have them without a prescription. i mean, crack is illegal, and while it may not specifically be illegal in baseball, did it need to be specified? i don't think darryl strawberry would say yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

so what's your thoughts?
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: another baseball thread... but a serious one!

i agree with 100%.
    let's also not forget that when the game was young from the teens through like 1940, the ball was like a piece of cement. nothing like the rocket they use today.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I think awards should at least be taken away, Mike Greenwell deserves the 1988 MVP, and Frank Thomas Deserves the 2000 MVP
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

yeah, but then you'll have the argument that it wasn't illegal to do back in the day, and i doubt the players union would go for it. the thing that stinks is that you can't take the records away, because, well, they were broken. broken by cheating, but we all know that the league isn't going to take a stand about it. it's sad, really.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Not that I'm defending the guy, but is Canseco's say-so enough to convict Mark McGuire of steroid use? Canseco's book and statements have already been blasted so full of holes it looks like swiss cheese.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

A huge part of MLB is not getting caught cheating, up to this point steroid use has fallen into the category of scuffed balls and corked bats. We'll see how the testing actually pans out, but the record books are going to have to be rewritten with a ton of asterisks for the last few seasons.

Comment

when do you think barry bonds passes babe ruth in home runs?
              i say on the ides of may, the 15th. you heard it here,
              who saw him flip out on the media the other day?
              what do you think of jose canseco's book? he just sold his ring that he won with the yankees in 2000 for $40k. he needs money and that may influence alot of what is written in his book. do you think he wrote it , i doubt he knows the alphabet.

Comment

what's up thurston? welcome to the board. i fukkin' love that name. "oh lovey, come over here and have some money with me" thurston howell the 3rd is god-lol

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Came here for info on a Model 5FX i picked up, but found some Baseball threads so I think I'll stay a while.

Comment

I agree. To bad MLB the corp doesn't. All they care about is the dollar signs. Their new policy won't change sqwaut.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    We must increase the bust!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!
                    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

this is gonna be a weird feeling season i think. it's already got some heavy stigmas as it is. what else can we throw in there?

Comment

thurston, are you near Micron by any chance? i see you're from idaho,

Comment

I hate it I don't care if baseball is about cheating... It recreates a whole culture to be good enough you ahve to juice. OK Jordan cheated he would do anything he could get away with. that is like scuffing a ball. Juicing isn't though... What the Bambino did was amazing just compare him to his contemporaries. Poor Roger man man never got any respect once again amazing. Hank? Can you say consistant. I hope something anything happens to Barry so that he doesn't break teh record... Not something bad but a change of heart or something or he loses his power when off the gear...

Canseco's say so is definite on Mac it isn't like what it was with Palmero. He was literally involved "in his claims" with McGwire injecting. That can be refuted by Mac so step up to the plate. Other evidence about Mac are there too.

When he was in the Record chase with ole Sammy the whispers on both of them were about Steriods. McGwire made sure he got caught with Andro it can be seen as a real good cover... I like McGwire though don't get me wrong and of all the guys mentioned he needed it the least he was always a power hitter

The thing that is interesting is how much this will effect pitchers that are juicing.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I agree Sully, the records WERE broken, but they were broken WRONG. It takes away from what baseball is about in my eyes. Baseball should have cracked down on steriods a LONG time ago, but chose to view the use with a blind eye. It just stinks.

Comment

Well in a world where baseball players have to hit the juice to break records and chicks gotta get their botox injections to look pretty, I wonder what the future holds. maybe in 15 or 20 years when people are genetically engineered like corn and tomatoes, we will look back and say "Damn I miss the old days where the atheletes would just juice in the locker room!"

Comment

Working...
                              X