Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favourite metal "guitar solo" CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s your favourite metal \"guitar solo\" CD?

Anything from Firewind, basically.

Gonna have to throw in Metallica - Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets in here too. Can't resist, sorry. :P
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

BLS
      Death
      Firewind (damn, just anything with Gus)
      Malmsteen
      Megadeth
      Watchtower
      Whitesnake
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz

Comment

Hollywood, you consider Tesla metal? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Oops, I picked some fav songs of the albums and not the entire album itself..

Also, i would vote for Rising Force Marching Out but I
            dont consider YJM metal....

Comment

allot of my favourites have been mentioned but a couple solos that come to mind are...

LaRoque/Schuldiner solo in "Trapped in a Corner". Andy did some cool lead work on that album. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Alex Skolnicks solo on "Practice What You Preach". [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Vwall reminded me of how much I liked the solo in Flotsams "Misguided Fortune" Melodic and intense! Just never liked their tone [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

VitG; "Yngwie - Marching Out. Soldier Without Faith is still one of my all time favourite solos." Damn straight! Yngwie’s first two albums were awesome then the rest were hit and miss but, still a few good solos here and there.

As John already mentioned, Coroner. Tommy was way underrated, he had all the chops and played them in a trippy/tasteful way. I liked No More Color, Mental Vortex and Grin. Very clean player with a very clean tone.

Gotta think now…
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

It's not a shredder, but I have to pick Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell. Iommi's riffs, fills and solos are some of his finest ever. That is an amazing album. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

call it what you want, but warren de martini's leads got better with every album. i really think he has his own style.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hollywood, you consider Tesla metal? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Columbia House used to list Bruce Springsteen as hard rock! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And, Metal Shop plays them. So based off that, Tesla is metal. Seriously though, I don't really know what exactly to call them. The label thing gets old at times. Some call them Rock, some Hard Rock, and I'm sure some call them Metal. The bottomline : It really doesn't matter, I like their music and think the solos are cool.
                    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

"call it what you want, it's all music to me" (tesla)
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You guys are right. I'm not saying they're not good though. I should have said HEAVY metal! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Dream Theater - Any and all of them
                          Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute, No More Tears
                          Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind. Adrian was really getting his sh!t together by then. Oh, Dave wasn't too bad either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Check Adrian's killer solos on 22 Acacia Ave, The Trooper, Revelations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acacia was on TNOTB, but still a great song and my #1 song to warm up with on guitar. Adrian's probably at his peak on "Somewhere In Time" where he's made the most contributions when compared to the other records.

Comment

Testement The New Order is killer IMHO!
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Acacia was on TNOTB, but still a great song and my #1 song to warm up with on guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] geez, once upon a time, I could give you the track lists in order of every album up to Seventh Son.... Guess I'm slipping. Good call, NOTP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw, you may be right about his contribution by Somewhere, but I just really dig where his playing is at circa POM. I think his solos of that time are his most memorable. Although he's had great, memorable solos on every album. 2 Minutes is great, Powerslave, Stranger in a Strange Land. The solo after the quiet interlude in Rime of the Ancient Mariner. All great. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X