new priest video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new priest video?

i don't know how long it's been on their site, but here ya go [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

http://judaspriest.com/AngelOfRetrib...loadRevolution

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: new priest video?

is k.k. downing playing a kv2? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Not a KV2. I think there was a thread on the JCF a few months ago about that new V. I don't remember what company it was though, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Hamer.

Great video, the Priest is back! I can picture that song being played in strip joints when the girls dance... it has that rocking edge and attitude worthy of a strip song! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I DLed the whole album a couple of weeks ago. It grew on me, one spinal tap moment with the 'Lochness' song, but overall, a couple of great tunes and an even better excuse for Priest to hit the tour circuit!

Highlights are Angel (Christian Rockers might cover this one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), Eulogy (slow but good), Hellrider (painkiller fans), Deal with the devil is pretty good, Judas rising - Liked it at first, but got old to me. Revolution was pretty forgetable IMO, I am sure I'm leaning something out, but I'd place this one not quite as solid as painkiller, but far better than Ram it Down.
        I find Point of Entry my favorite Priest Album so maybe I'm not the greatest person to listen to on this.

BTW, I like crucible better than resurrection and would place this one as fairly close to resurection quality.
        Like I said, Lochness is hard to believe, 13 minutes about the terror of Lochness [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The whole album is better than that resurection song if you are worried.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Damn, I absolutely loved Halford's "Resurrection" album... now I'm looking forward to this new Priest if it's that good!

I didn't like "Crucible" though. Not sure why... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The songs just seemed mostly boring, and the drums were weak and lacked reverb even though Bobby is a monster player, and I also found the guitar sounds were very dry. Ray's bass sounded nonexistent! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP,
            I dunno, this album is all over the place. It really is pieces of priests different styles from past albums.

It can't be Screaming for Vengeance or Painkiller, but nothing can I suppose. It sounds like something they've done before, but you'll be disappointed if you compare it to the old material.

The one thing that got old was every song calls back to a priest classic - I mean like all but two songs mention "Sad wings" or "the sentinel" or "british steel" and a bunch of other stuff.
            I think that's what I didn't like about resurection, the lyrics, cause some of these lyrics sound like repeats of resurection - talking about metal roots and England.

I like priest better when they have vague lyrical references and double meanings. That's why I like Sad WIngs or Destiny, Point of Entry, Stained Class, Sin after Sin, and Screaming for Vengeance.

I didn't really like Defenders of the Faith that much, though it had its moments, Ram it Down is embarassing in sound and lyrical content, and Painkiller is sort of 'Dungeons and Dragons' to me but has a lot of great energy and hooks.

So I am not really a model priest fan I suppose.

Oh yeah, I'm still gonna buy 'Angel of Retribution'
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Back to the task at hand, the video was kind of choppy for me, but did it look to you guys like they just edited a bunch of Ozzfest and 2004 off-date footage to look like they did that song live in the video? Kind of like a 'tribute' type video, real low budget - but it's great to see they at least have a video.
              I think that's pretty smart to do that, MTV isn't going to play it anyway except the one night they host a HBB or something.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The one thing that got old was every song calls back to a priest classic - I mean like all but two songs mention "Sad wings" or "the sentinel" or "british steel" and a bunch of other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that, too. Kinda ghey [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X