Zakk, EVH and Dimebag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk, EVH and Dimebag

Just read this...it's in the new issue of Revolver magazine where they interview Zakk talking about Dime:

[ QUOTE ]
    Having to bury his partner in crime was tough enough, but Wylde also had to contend with the bizarre behavior of one of his guitar heroes, Eddie Van Halen, at Dimebag's funeral and memorial service. "I don't know what the hell happened to Ed," he lamented. "He hasn't just gone off the deep end — he's living in Atlantis! I couldn't get in a word without being interrupted by him. If I mentioned God, he'd say, 'There is no God or Jesus, only yes or no.' It was like he thought the whole thing was about him. He wasn't thinking about Dime, or even Vinnie and Dime's old lady, Rita, for that matter. He did put his original black-and-yellow guitar in the coffin with Dime, though. That was cool."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just the booze that has screwed Ed up so bad, or is something else going on with him? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Zakk, EVH and Dimebag

Ed's a freak man... Nice to see that in print tho, or not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], ya know, after all the speculation about Ed's behavior at the memorial/funeral.

Who know what's up with the dude, I've met him twice and he was toast both times.

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Who know what's up with the dude......

[/ QUOTE ]

Dementia. Let's hope he doesn't go completely over the edge and decide he wants his guitar back. Morbid, I know, but at this point anything's possible with him. It's really disheartening to see one of your guitar heroes losing it.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

The VHII guitar is a very nice gesture and should hopefully end the speculation regarding which guitar went with Dime.

As for EVH's behavior... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I met Eddie once, backstage in 1992, and he was awesome. He was drunk but very coherent, funny and a blast to be around. This behavior he has been exhibiting over the last number of years makes me wonder if he's not mixing something with his booze, to add to the effect. A little Ozzy in his diet?
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Naw Jimmy the Alcohol just is making him more bitter as it tends to with time. Mean drunks usually start out fun nice drunks that have a good time then teh disease kicks in
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Agree with all the above. He's been drinkin forever, but now it's catchin up to him

Comment

most likely he suffers from wet brain-where the constant presence of alcohol in the blood stream has caused some brain damage. It is kind of like the difference between diesel engines and regular gasoline engines. Ed's brain has basically adapted to running off booze instead of regular types of energy. THe total lack of appropriate social behavior at something like a funeral is evidence that he has some severe problems-most likely some sort of depression or mood disorder. Sad to say, but he is a prime candidate for the next to go....

Comment

Funny thing is that the "Hot For Teacher" video shows Ed in a mental asylum with a straight jacket on.... 5150.... Isn't it Ironic?

Comment

Working...
                X