Who is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is it?

I was talking to a friend about guitars and I cannot come up with the name of a recording artist. I have very few clues (not enough to do an internet search) but here it goes...
    -rockabilly/country
    -plays a double neck electric with a lap slide (built together).
    -wears a white cowboy type hat that looks too small for his head.
    -may have a song about a Lincoln.

I know this is not much to go by but it is driving me crazy!
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Re: Who is it?

<font color="yellow">I believe it's Junior Brown </font>

Comment

Oh ya Jr. Brown. The dude smokes. corny lyrics but man can he play. check em out if you can. Scott

Comment

That's it!
        Thank you, now I can go back to work.
        The music is not my cup of tea but his guitar work is amazing.
        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

yea he can RIP!! I saw him live last year. He is kind o f a jerk though, I knew the people providing sound for the show, and he wasnt the friendliest person. He also was a jerk ONSTAGE to his bass player. He blurted out loud right throught the PA system "Turn your Bass DOWN!!!!" It was not his greatest moment. anyway, he can really rip. he can play blues!!! Man, he did a Albert King tune that blew our doors off. It was amazing. His blues playing just shadows his country pickin. I mean he is an outstanding guitarist in any capacity, but the blues is where he shines the most in my opinion. He rips into a bit a rock now and then too. He did a Led Zep tune which rocked! good show, even despite his attitude. I recommend seeing him in concert if you have a chance. amazing guitarist.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

<font color="yellow">Man...there's so many incredible talents out there in any style.

Vince Gill/Brad Paisley, Danny Gatton, Brent Mason, Phil Keagey(SP), Christopher Parkening....the list goes on.

I guess it bums me out when younger players just tune out other forms of music cause it "sucks" or "isn't my thing".

There is so much to learn about this fickle instrument called guitar, and so many styles....

</font>

Comment

Junior Brown is AWESOME!!! BTW... it's called a Guit-steel.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey hey. Listen to his song called "Peelin Tatters". The dude rips hard. It's weird in a why didn't I think of that kind of way.
                LATER!!!
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                X