Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any Loudness and Akira Takasaki fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Loudness and Akira Takasaki fans here?

Just gotta say that Akira's lead playing is outtathisfukkingworld, can't stop listnening to Loudness, great songs and tasty, technical and very cool solos.
    Too bad that Akira is so underrated [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: any Loudness and Akira Takasaki fans here?

I agree with you I'm a big fan I got a hold of 1 of his solo cd's also his solo stuff is different from Loudness but still awsome.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Spiritual Canoe!...wooHOOO!

Akira was/is fukkin' awesome! I remember when they were calling him the Japanese Eddie VH (kinda funny actually...because their styles were way different)

Comment

"We love cold cream, you could die!!!!!"

Never could understand what the hell they were saying, but it didn't matter. Thunder from the East is still cool.
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

But Akira could play and sound exactly like Eddie (haven't heard anyone who can copy Eddie so good)
          Most of the time he sounds like a mix of Lynch, EVH, a little Gilbert etc.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Loudness were an awesome band. My favorite albums are Disillusion and Thunder in The East. Unfortunately those are quite old...........

Comment

I have Thnder in the East and saw them at Harpos in Detroit shortly after that lp came out. They were a great live band. I also have an Akria solo album from around the same time
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Spiritual Canoe!...wooHOOO!Akira was/is fukkin' awesome! I remember when they were calling him the Japanese Eddie VH (kinda funny actually...because their styles were way different)

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, but image-wise that label fit, and he was about the only widely-known Japanese metal guitarist, so the label was prety inevitable, and understandable. The guy can surely play though!!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Most of the time he sounds like a mix of Lynch, EVH, a little Gilbert etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree!! You can find traces of P.Gilbert in songs like "We could be together", EVH in "Let it go", etc...

Fong

Comment

He shreds for sure. To me he sounds alot like Lynch but without the feel. He knows all the tricks. Thats for sure.
                    He has always been underrated in the USA but then again.. so have many others IE: Mathias Jabs.

Comment

Sometimes I think jgcable is the dik who stole all the cassettes out of my car in 1986. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He always mentions the same guitarists I like, and our top tens lists are always very similar.

Your assessment of Akira is right on the money.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I always thought he played with more feeling and less "flash" than Eddie. More like Lynch...

I don't see much of the Gilbert connection though. I didn't think he ever got that technical. Maybe I haven't listened to much after Lightning Strikes.

Comment

listen to "Screamer And Dreamer" Akira administers some badass sweep picking arpeggios in that song, he's got the shred chops but don't use them very often.

Comment

That's what I thought Endrik....

Never underestimated his chops....but like you said...he didn't show off often.

Gotta check that out!

Comment

Roudness Locks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X