Airplane seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane seats

When you get to pick your seats on a plane, what kind do you usually prefer?

On a 747 or any of those uber big jets, I like the aisle seats that are right in front of the movie screen. That way I can get up with out walking past someone and there's usually more leg room. Smaller jets, I just pick the aisle seats, somewhat close to the bathroom or kitchen area.

Re: Airplane seats

I need legroom, so I try to get the emergency exit aisle.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

On long flights I choose the window seat so I can sleep against the window and not be bothered by people wanting to go to the bathroom, you also don't get hit by the carts. For shorter flights I just choose an aisle seat so I can get stretch my legs into the aisle and get off the plane faster. If you can get an emergency exit seat though you're in luck, but chances are you probably won't. If the stewardesses are young I usually start up a conversation and ask to be upgraded to business class. Occasionally they'll be too lazy to bust out all the paper work and will let you sit there free of charge [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, emergency row is the way to go. but the most important thing for me is to be able to get my carry-on in the overhead and not be forced to check it at the gate. so if you want to do that and you don't have any status, it's imperative to get in group 3 or lower. Usually in something like an S80 you need to get in row 19 or higher (19 and 20 are exit rows) to be in group 2 or 3. I also always go window because I have a bad habit of my head falling to one side when I sleep, so I need to rest my head against the hull.

Comment

Seats? What seats?
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I honestly could care less. They all feel the same to me. Uncomfortable.
            I'd really really like to sit in the cabin, but they usually don't let me. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

While the flight attendants are busy greeting, and stuffing overhead compartments, I steal their seat. My next goal? Welcome aboard JCF flight 69, this is your captain speaking. Are you adequately prepared to rock?
              www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Seats? What seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, Hooters Air. Where the attendants ask YOU for more nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

i like the back of the plane. close to the bathroom. close to the galley where the drinks are and where the flight attendants hang out.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I can't remember the last time I've seen a HOTT flight attendant.....sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

First Class. Not that I get to fly that way very often. I recently was able to use freq. flyer miles to upgrade when I traveled over the holidays. It really is that much better in first class--lots of leg and shoulder room, as well as real food and Free Booze! Might not make a difference for a short hop, but for a cross-country flight, I'd say it's worth the extra dough, if you've got it.

Comment

Working...
                      X