Video editing guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video editing guys?

Well, I just started going through some footage and some stuff is WAY LOUD and distorted, any way to fix this? I'm using iMovie, but have access to whatever's needed I'm sure.

It's just loud and distorted, but the footage is great! We all did a good job with it.

Let me know...

Pat

Re: Video editing guys?

Run the audio through a Peak Limiter as you dump it to the computer is all I can suggest. If it's distorted going to tape, it's going to stay that way unless you have a full audio/video setup where you can split the tracks and then recombine them flawlessly (or near enough).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's what I thought was gonna happen, That sucks

That's exactley what happend to my MOtley Crue Video when I taped them, I was so close the sound was distorted to hell
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Severe distortion is the signal clipping as it is recorded.
        Could strip the audio out and run through some filters, at least make it bearable. Then remix it with vid.
        How does cam to pc file transfer work, can you browse folders like a camera? Also curious what file formats are available.
        I can edit mpg,mpeg,dat,vob and others
        but not Apple files [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Send a sample 20 or so seconds if possible, I'll test some edit.
        Do http://s9.yousendit.com/ to [email protected]

Comment

Alright bro, I'll get it over to you sometime tomorrow.

The video is awesome tho, I've watched most of it by now and it's great, some of the Vault show is actually good, audio wise we were pretty far back.

I'll definitely shoot you over a clip tomorrow.

Thanx!
          Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            How does cam to pc file transfer work, can you browse folders like a camera? Also curious what file formats are available.
            I can edit mpg,mpeg,dat,vob and others
            but not Apple files [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, should be through a capture device/card if it's recorded to tape. I don't think they've priced consumer-level digital (disk) movie cams reasonably (read: under $3K) yet.

Get Quicktime Pro. It's only $30 and can do MPEG-4.
            MOV is also higher quality and smaller file size than most other formats (like AVI or other MS formats). MPEG-2 movies are nice and run close to MOV in high quality/small file.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You've got mail...

Thanx again!
              Pat

Comment

Working...
              X