Black Sabbath - Headless Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath - Headless Cross

I got the cd for 5.99 at Circut City and I always thought Ronnie James Dio sang in it? It sounded like him but its someone else.

I remember RJD sang in "Die Young" which is a badass song. Was this just one song or did they do a cd?

Nevermind I found it.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/sabbathpick.html

Re: Black Sabbath - Headless Cross

Tony Martin is a fantastic singer as well. I thought Headless Cross was pretty weak but if you like his vocal work at all try Tyr or The Eternal Idol.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ya, I'll check them out.

I'm really getting into a 80's 70's mood lately [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

TYR was an awesome album!....Probably the best post-Dio era Sabbath IMO

Dio's return on Dehumanizer was a letdown (also IMO)

Comment

I agree 100%, Tyr is my favorite post-Dio Sabbath album as well. Born Again rocks but Ian Gillan's singing on that one won't be to everyone's taste.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I agree 100%, Tyr is my favorite post-Dio Sabbath album as well. Born Again rocks but Ian Gillan's singing on that one won't be to everyone's taste.

[/ QUOTE ] I like Born Again too as well as all Ozzy and Dio Sabbath. "It really was a meeting, the bottle took a beating. As the ladies of the Manor, watched me climb into my car" YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Funny, I loved Dehumanizer and thought it was the best album since Born Again (which wasn't quite as good as Heavan and Hell or Mob Rules).
              I always thought Tony Martin was excellent, but I didn't think it sounded like Sabbath.
              I also am one of the few who likes Dio era Sabbath as much as Ozzy Sabbath. Seems like a lot more energy with RJD driving.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Born again, Damn, I haven't listened to that album in years. I'll have to dig out teh vinyl and give 'er a spin!
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I really like Headless Cross, indeed maybe better than Tyr. Tony Martin's singing on Headless Cross is fantastic--best performance of his career, in my opinion.

Of course, I'm an Iommi fanboy--the only Sabbath albums that I don't like in their entirety are Technical Ecstacy and Forbidden.

Comment

Working...
                  X