Help needed, The Who song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed, The Who song

A friend of mine is looking for a song with a text line somewhat like "I was a young boy and I played the silver ball".
    I´m not sure, but I think it´s a song by The Who.
    Can anybody help?
    Title of song and record
    Thanks
    Kai Rune

Re: Help needed, The Who song

Pinball Wizard, the Who,.....Elton John another
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Great, thanks a lot DonF.
      Now off to ebay to shop.

Comment

"From Soho down to Brighton, I must've played them all".

If you've got cash to spare, you should also get the Secret Policeman's Ball which has Pete Townshend doing a solo acoustic version of Pinball Wizard and Won't Get Fooled Again which KILL.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

SeventhSon [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          That is an AMAZING album. Not a lot of people really even know about it. You must be a thirty or fourty something dude.
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Hey, haven't you heard? 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

So,now I'm only 31? Cool,maybe my hair will grow back [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!...
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hey, haven't you heard? 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] right on...then i'm only 26...nice !! My old man turned me on to that album 100 years ago.
                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

And I´m 29, or 19 .
                  Sooooo, besides the "best of" cd´s, wich record can I find Pinball Wizard on?

Comment

The original version is on the double album "Tommy." At the time billed as a 'rock opera'. The album was turned into a movie, in which Elton John did Pinball Wizard. Hence the mention of Elton's version on the Tommy movie soundtrack. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the first rock n roll 'concept album'?

Comment

If you're new to the Who, I'd recommend a Best Of. Tommy is a double CD from which the casual Who fan might be familiar with like 3 songs. If you really find that you dig the Who, by all means Tommy is a must for your collection. Just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                        But if you reread my first post you´ll see that it´s for a friend of mine. He oscionally hear´s a song on the radio that he likes and then ask me to find it. Sadly enough he don´t give a damn about the rest of the album. A couple of weeks ago it was Albert Hammond "Free electric Band" , but now he´s bored of that one.
                        Obviously I´m new to The Who exept for a few songs like My Generation f.ex., so I might check it out myself too.

Comment

Cool! your friend has good taste then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatever Who album you buy him that has Pinball Wizard, do him a favor and get the Secret Policemen's Ball as well. If he digs Pinball Wizard, he'll love/appreciate the acoustic version. Believe me he won't get bored for a long time.

Comment

Yes, good taste indeed. May I also recommend Quadrophenia, & Who's Next.

I'm probably the biggest who fan there is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Who's Next

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a huge Who fan, but that album kicked ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                              X