Air Force vs. Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force vs. Navy

The Sarge sent this to me today... he's grumpy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    This is so typical that it really and honestly isn't that humorous. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The Navy and the Air Force decided to have a canoe race on the Potomac river. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak
    performance before the race.

On the big day, the Navy won by a mile.

Afterwards, the Air Force team became very discouraged and depressed. The officers of the Air Force team decided that the reason for
    the crushing defeat had to be found. A "Metrics Team," made up of senior officers was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action.

Their conclusion was that the Navy had 8 seamen rowing and 1 officer steering, while the Air Force had 1 airman rowing and 8 officers and
    NCOs steering.

So the senior officers of the Air Force team hired a consulting company and paid them incredible amounts of money. They advised that too
    many people were steering the boat and not enough people were rowing.

To prevent losing to the Navy again next year, the Air Force Chief of Staff made historic and sweeping changes: the rowing team's
    organizational structure was totally realigned to 4 steering officers, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering NCO.
    They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 airman rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder.
    It was called the "Rowing Team Quality Air Force Program," with meetings, dinners, and a three-day pass for the rower.
    "We must give the rower empowerment and enrichment through this quality program."

The next year the Navy won by 2 miles. Humiliated, the Air Force leadership gave a letter of reprimand to the rower for poor performance,
    initiated a $4 billion program for development of a new joint-service canoe, blamed the loss on a design defect in the paddles and issued
    leather rowing jackets to the beleaguered steering officers in the hopes they would stay for next year's race.

Re: Air Force vs. Navy

The answer is obvious:Give the 1 rower steroids all year, then on the day of the race have him snort a gram of meth. Then give the officers tranquilizer guns so they can shoot the Navy rowers! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]USAF - technology wins the race! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I believe there may be a little truth mixed in with the humor.

Who maintains and flys more aircraft, the Air Force or the Navy?

Comment

USAF has more aircraft.

Comment

That is sooooooo true! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            USAF has more aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an Ex-Navy backseater, I'll say it's quality over quantity. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              USAF has more aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an Ex-Navy backseater, I'll say it's quality over quantity. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy if that statement doesn't reflect what the Navy is all about. lol
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Boy if that statement doesn't reflect what the Navy is all about. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Too funny.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  USAF has more aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boooooooooooooooooo! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, nice post, Em. Welcome to my world. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    USAF has more aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]As an Ex-Navy backseater, I'll say it's quality over quantity. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]So you're saying you worked with lots of first-class semen, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Notice I said more aircraft and not airplanes.The Navy has more aircraft than the Airforce. At least they did when I served. Because of all of the helo squadrons we had about 500 more aircraft than the Airforce.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        USAF has more aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]As an Ex-Navy backseater, I'll say it's quality over quantity. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]So you're saying you worked with lots of first-class semen, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Har-dehar-har. Like I wasn't expecting that. Would you like to bring up the Village People next? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, you're the one who joined the Rump Rangers, you have to expect this sort of thing! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] And YOU brought up the Village People, no one else did! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]Hey, I have the utmost respect for all branches of the service. My dad was career USAF though, so if some inter-branch jibes are happening I feel bound to jibe on the USAF's behalf. There's no doubt a carrier pilot's job landing on a pitching deck is much harder than a USAFpilot landing on a stationary runway. They are all kickass in my book though! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Em,
                            Your joke unfortunately really is more typical than humorous. You left out a few additional outcomes though. When the team was redesigned, the Colonel in charge made General. The Senior NCO that actually did the bulk of the work, had all of his findings and recommendations ignored, then was "quietly" retired after the second failure. The AF instituted a selective reenlistment bonus to encourage more "rowers" to stay in, but then decided they needed less personnel on active duty and allowed "early outs" and made "rowers" cross-train to other career fields. Sometimes humor and reality really aren't that far apart! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll be the first to say the Air Force is a country club. Next to para rescue and being a pilot my ground mobile forces Satcom job was probably the closest anyone in the Air Force gets to the action. And the Army and the Marines are always there to take the real heat. So even that is questionable. When it comes down to it all branches make a difference though. Even the squid'. lol Air Force does eat the best. Carb legs???? I'd eat fukking crab legs at the mess hall. I know the Army/Marines/Navy didn't get that. And shrimp creole when I was training in Boloxi. The Air Farce was definitely good.
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              We must increase the bust!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!
                              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                              X