Sometimes I hate working in IT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I hate working in IT

I was told today that I need to prepare to disable at least 4 user accounts this coming Wednesday. These are good people that I consider friends, Man, this sucks. These people are doing there job as normal, oblivious to the coming crap. I really wish they would tell me to disable the account on the day the axe falls. I hate having to watch these people talking about the future here at the company and knowing there is no future for them here. Sorry, just my rant.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Sometimes I hate working in IT

That would suck. Sorry they put you in that spot.

Comment

I've had to deal with this more times than I can count. Worse still, I've been ordered to go through people's home directories and e-mail boxes before. I also hate the feeling of soiling my hands with this kind of crap, all due to management. Just tell me when you call the guy into let him go, it will be done before he leaves your office. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

One time I got a phone call at a help desk that a guy got a message when he tried to log in to 'contact the administrator'. Of course I was buddys with the guy and didn't know what was up. While he was on the phone, I browsed to his acct and noticed it was disabled.
        My boss came in waving his hands and whispering to me that they were about to walk the guy and HE had disabled the acct right before I came in.
        I just ummed and mumbled that I would check it out to the guy on the phone.
        He was still on the phone when he said, "oh, never mind, Chuck (his boss) is here maybe he knows what's going on". That made me feel sick.

I feel for you. Having to 'fake it' for a couple of days sucks. One thing I did on Novell networks back then was set the acct to disable at midnight the night before they are let go. I did that for interns, never in the situation you are in.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

What I normally do in the situation where a friend is going to be let go and his account it to be disabled is to send fake email on his behalf to the bosses, blackmailing them with information I've found while perusing their email inboxes and personal directories. I mean, after all, fair is fair.

It works every time.

Comment

be thankful that your not the one that has to hand out the pink slips....talk about something that does suck!
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

The worst part is that I started there as an unpaid intern and this one manager fought tooth and nail to get me hired, she fired a guy that was truly not working out(Absence, Lazy, hungover) just to hire me, I left her department when the IT position opened up and now I'll have to stand over her when she cleans out her cube.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I mange my company here and all other companines. If they let me go, I will make sure that everything is so screwed up that it will take a week for them to realize what has happened.\

But, I do feel for you, I have been there before.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The worst part is that I started there as an unpaid intern and this one manager fought tooth and nail to get me hired, she fired a guy that was truly not working out(Absence, Lazy, hungover) just to hire me, I left her department when the IT position opened up and now I'll have to stand over her when she cleans out her cube.

[/ QUOTE ]

daaammn that sucks dude [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] hopefully she understands you're not responsible...

Comment

I feel for ya man. My company sold off the IT department and we are sending jobs to India. Many of us get to train our future replacements [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

That really sucks. I hate huge companies so much. Dunno dude, I don't know what I would do if I were in your position. I'd hate myself personally, but hopefully you won't take it as personal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        What I normally do in the situation where a friend is going to be let go and his account it to be disabled is to send fake email on his behalf to the bosses, blackmailing them with information I've found while perusing their email inboxes and personal directories. I mean, after all, fair is fair.

It works every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I caught you doing that on my network I would fire you myself.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X