Good music stores in Boston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good music stores in Boston?

A buddy of mine just moved to boston, and is really at a loss for some good stores in the area. Could someone from the area suggest a few to me?

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Good music stores in Boston?

Matt's Music stores are in MA.. not sure how far from Boston though.

In Boston, I think this store is cool.
    I have been checking their website for a year or two.
    Boston Guitar works

http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant...tore_Code=BGWI

Comment

There's a Guitar Center across from Boston University, it's probably the biggest guitar store around here. There's also few stores by Berklee such as Daddy's and a couple of others..

Matts music isn't really in Boston but its close enough, if your friend has a car he should definitely go there first.

Comment

There are several GCs within easy drive from Boston as well as the but they have the same stuff as all the other GCs. The one in Boston near BU is probably the best as they do a fair amount of used gear and I have seen some cool stuff in there (but not for a while I must admit). Daddy's Junkie music is the other chain store and it sux IMHO (lower grade GC for the most part).

Matts is a small store 20 mins south of Boston, but it is packed with some of the coolest guitars in the state (except for our very own Bloodsplatters house of course! LOL). Also, Matt is a great guy to deal with and i would mush rather spend money with someone who is not an a-hole but that is me. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Matt gets my vote for best store in Mass.

I have noticed that Brockton place (Bosron Guita Works - it is further away than Matts!) and they carry Bogner (or at least they did the last time I checked, just have not gotten around to heading down there....

There are a bunch of smaller Boston area old stores (one in Cambridge and one in Allston come to mind - I forget the names) some of which occationally get in a cool vintage Gibson and carry NOS tubes and such.

All in all, I am not too impressed with the majority of the stores around here as they mostly carry the same cheap epiphones, Ibeenhads and import fenders. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
        X