Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi Everyone... I just wanted to introduce myself so I won't be a 'stranger' forever. I'm Adam from NorCal. Back in the day I owned several US and Import Jackson and Charvel guitars. I've recently started playing again (a year or so ago) and currently have a 2003 Gibson LP Standard and a newly acquired Jackson DKMGT that is in the shop right now getting her EMG-HZ's swapped out for an 81/85 set.

I'm also a drummer for the last... oh 25 years or so with a nice long break somewhere in the middle. I have Tama gear.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled across the forum. I've already enjoyed many of your posts and am trying to buy a guitar posted in the classifieds. Lot's of good stuff going on in here!

I hope to get to know some of you better as I begin to rebuild not only my guitar collection, but my appreciation for Jackson / Charvel.

Peace
    -Adam [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Hello

Hi Adam, welcome to the board. I'm relatively new here as well, it's a great place.

Be careful of the classifieds before you reach 100 posts though, some people here tend to not take kindly to that sort of thing.

Comment

welcome aboard! It is customary to post pics of your gear ASAP, even if they are not J/C products....although if you own any Ibanez or ESP stuff, watch your back....J/K!

Comment

Yeah, we are a bunch of pic whores!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well... if it is customary to post pics... then post pics I will!! Nothing special here... The first one is of my LP and DKMGT and the second is a shot into my old music room where my Dual Rectifier lives on the left and my drums live in cases on the right. There's a beautiful finish underneath the cases ;-) Please excuse the Ibanez hanging on the wall.... it is, after all, only a bass. I'll post real pictures of real gear as soon as I have some ;-) [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

---- LP Standard and new DKMGT (currently getting pups replaced). Both guitars a joy to play.

-----Just piles of stuff in my 'music room'. The dual rectifier is so freaking loud even with two power tubes pulled that I seldom use it.

Comment

Wow, you didn't even have to ask how to post pics. Bravo, sir, bravo! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

you are Racer's new best friend!

I see you have one of those little VOX practice amps-how does it sound?

BTW-save the modesty for some other place. Most people would kill to have "nothing special" like an LP and a dual rec!

Comment

Hi!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Wow, you didn't even have to ask how to post pics. Bravo, sir, bravo! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.. He deserves a reward... Best new poster of the month or maybe year?
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yeah, please spill the beans on the Valvetronix amp there. Is that the 15 or 30 watt version? My friend wants to buy one, but I've yet to hear anything about them.

Comment

Hey Adam, welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Hi, Beer´s in the Fridge [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Vox practice amp you see is the AD30VT. It's the 30 watt version.

I like it. It's a good value for the money. I'm really not a fan of modeling amps in general (I'm not a snob, I just appreciate simplicity). But, I admit, I do find myself playing with the knobs quite a bit. I think the presets are really good, but have had less luck with manual adjustments. I'm very happy with the value of the amp. I mean, it was under $250. You get what you pay for and it's well worth it . But, it does sound a bit harsh at times. Honestly, I think it's as much the fault of the crummy speaker than anything else. I may swap it at some point. I'd recommend the amp highly for a practice amp only and would never consider gigging with it. The power soak thing it has on it is a joke. It's a knob, but really is closer to an on/off so it's useless. You do get a nice touch of tube tone... for a hybrid.

My 8 yr old has been picking up my Jackson quite a bit lately (he's not allowed to pick up the LP unless I'm in the room). He can play part of 'talk dirty to me' already!!! I took him down to GC last week and he really liked an Ibanez LP copy. So, I think I'm going to buy him a guitar and give him the Vox (I'll be buying him a Dinky though unless he has his heart set on the LP copy... I want him to make the decision). I will likely replace the VOX with a Blues Junior and pedals... or a POD XT Live (anyone like those?). But, I can't afford a new amp today as I just bought one of Roy B's Charvels ;-) There's also a very nice '64 champ in a local store that I REALLY want... but the sticker is $500... not sure it's worth that. I've offered $400... we'll see.

I'm not very good at reviews... so if anyone has specific questions I'll do my best. It's probably the best 250 you can spend on an amp.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Comment

Welcome!!! Now a pic of the lovely ladies in your avatar, please. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Welcome to the JCF! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
                              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
                              X