Local Jackson Dealer Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Jackson Dealer Story

So I drive an hour to go pick up my wife's Precsription at her doctors. I'm a little early so I go to this Ma and Pop music store that tries to sell everything at list. I find one of the newer Charvels hanging behind the counter. From what I can see, it looks like the body has been glued in several different places, maybe it was dropped? I ask the old gentelman behind the counter about it. Dunno! You'll have to ask my son, he'll be back in a couple of hours. I leave to get the scrip and drive back home. It was bothering me that I didn't look at it more closly, so I call over there.
    Me: So what's up with that Blue Charvel
    Owner: What do you mean?
    Me: Was it dropped?
    He checks It out and gets back on the phone
    Dude, that's a $1000 guitar, we had ne idea this happened. Water had leaked onto it from the roof and caused the paint to split. If you want it, I sell it to you for $300. I'll throw in a case too.
    Me: Is it a USA model
    Him: Yeah, Killer
    Me: Original Floyd?
    Him: Floyd Rose.. yeah... awesome
    He goes and plugs it up to make sure everything else is kosher with it.
    Him: Man, everything is great on this. Just the paint issue, otherwise it's perfect.
    So I drive another hour to go check it out.
    Upon closer inspection, it's an import with a Lic. Floyd. The wood on the body was split in several different places all around the neck joint. The spalted maple neck had swolen so badly around the higher frets that it buzzed horribly. Oh, and the case he was including was a $10 gig bag. I tilted it forward and water actually came out of the bridge pickup. He tried to blow me full of BS, all I could do was laugh at the guy.....Lesson learned!

Re: Local Jackson Dealer Story

So did you buy it? LOL

I'm sure there are numerous stories about the lack of knowledge about Jackson & Charvel guitars. That does suck that you drove that far only to find that out. I've learned the hard way to ask really detailed questions about any guitar that I'm traveling to see.

Comment

That's the thing. He lied to me on the phone. I did tell him if he waited until about June and took it camping, it would make great firewood [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I knew going into it that this guy was always a shiester. I wouldn't buy a pick from him now.

Comment

That story just made my top-3 favorites list. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I needed that chuckle right now cuz the monkeys who work for me are thouroughly pissin' me off this morning.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
        X