• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the CTA** can get crowded....

But thank god we're not in Tokyo!!!!

http://media.big-boys.com/files01/japanesesubway.wmv

** Chicago Transit Authority, aka The 'L'
    Occupy JCF

Re: I know the CTA** can get crowded....

Looks like the green line in Boston after a game.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

It's similar to the Red line here in Chicago at Addison before and after a Cubs game around rush hour!!!
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I'd love to check Wriggley out. Sounds like it is exactly like Fenway. I'll have to check the interleague play schedule.
        We must!
        We must!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!

Comment

When I lived in Japan I never actually saw them push people into the subways, but I'd heard of it. I usually traveled at off-peak hours anyways.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'd love to check Wriggley out. Sounds like it is exactly like Fenway. I'll have to check the interleague play schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrigley is defnitely an experience. Even though I'm not a baseball fan (a fact that my future inlaws, Cardinal fans, are slightly boggled by), the atmosphere of the area surrounding the park is just incredible. The rooftops along Sheffield and Waveland are packed full of fans who paid more than what it would cost for them to see the game in the park. Local bars start the party early and quite often the party spills out into the streets. (Murphy's Bleachers at Sheffield and Addison is crazy!) The scene continues even after the game.

It's not uncommon during the season to walk around in the area and find a thong (no, I'm not talking about the shoe) or two on the ground.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Trust me Soloist you don't wnat to go to Wrigley you know the Cubs play there right? The atmosphere around there is great that being you don't like Baseball.... Naw I go there usually once a year and that park is much better than the Southside US Sellout Field
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yeah but I'd be going as a Red Sox fan Tetsuo. lol I'd still give Nomah a cheer though.
                We must!
                We must!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Oh my. The Sox are playing the Cubbies in June. One of the weekends I'm on vacation also. I may have to modify my vacation plans. Hey Todd where is the Amtrak station in relation to Wrigley field? And what kind of accomadations do they have around Wrigley?
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!

Comment

The EL gets right off at Wrigley... As far as Hotels nothing great... LEt me know maybe we can hook up for the game!!!
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I need to get from New York to Chicago first though. How far is Union Station from Wrigley?
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!

Comment

The Amtrak station is in the Loop (downtown Chicago), but there is a CTA bus that runs from right outside Union Station (where they filmed the stair scene in "The Untouchables" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) to a block north of my place. (two blocks north of Wrigley)

Or if you walk east (toward the lake) you'll first encounter the Brown Line elevated platforms at Wells you can take this to Fullerton or Belmont where you can transfer to a Red Line train. Or you can just walk a little further east to State St. (That Great Street) and you'll see the subway entrances for the Red Line. (Go towards "Howard")

Hotel accomodations near Wrigley itself are a bit sparse. There's a couple of hotels on Diversey and Clark (take the #22 bus north on Clark - can't miss the field from there) or there's a hotel on Broadway just south of Addison. (short walk or cab ride)

Drop me a line if you're coming to the city. I'll make sure you're taken care of.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I need to get from New York to Chicago first though. How far is Union Station from Wrigley?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also two 'L' lines that extednd to both airports.

O'Hare = Blue Line
                          Midway = Orange Line

Both have transfer stations to the Red Line. (though it would be better to transfer to a bus at Irving Park or Addison at the Blue Line instead of going all the way into the Loop)
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they're playin the cubs in chicago in june. wrigley isn't as cool as fenway, imo, but being a cub hater i'm very biased.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Drop me a line if you're coming to the city. I'll make sure you're taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I should feel comfortable with that comment coming from a guy whose way deep into everything mob related. lol I'll definitely let you know. I'll need a list of the must eat places in the very least. Hell I may just drive out. The train is nice because your moving with beer and can't get in trouble though. That's a huge plus in my opinion.
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Working...
                              X