• Show
Clear All

Re: welp, it\'s official... I\'m terrified

[ QUOTE ]

Homo-depot rules.
    Finn

[/ QUOTE ]

Homo-depot?
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Congratulations Donovon! Having a house rocks!

On the upside, you could cut that grass in the front with a weed whacker...no need for a lawnmower :
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Congratulations Donovon! Having a house rocks!

On the upside, you could cut that grass in the front with a weed whacker...no need for a lawnmower :

[/ QUOTE ]
        Ha!! Actually I have the space to the left of the pic too. It's in a court so I got half the space between the house facing me too. Still nothing to shout about. Luckily there is a creek and a park right outside of the court, and it's got a good back yard. Well back dirt right now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I could fit alot of guitars in that house.. I love the extra "Race car" garage. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Now you pay rent to yourself (and the bank) instead of just giving money to a landlord, and will have great tax benefits from the mortgage.

The most important advice I can give that could save you thousands - make your wife understand, NEVER FLUSH HER TAMPONS, ever!!!
            I know the box says they're flushable, but 20 years of sewer stoppages and replacements at $5,000+ a pop tell me that claim is, well, optimistic to say the least. If this has been an issue in the past it was your landlord's problem, now it's yours. Also, that grinder in your k-sink is a disposal, not a dispose-ALL. Use it sparingly with lots of running water, no fibrous veges, no leftover lasagna, no tater peels - throw all that in the trash can and take it out. Otherwise, again, lots of stoppage calls at $75-$100 a pop, probably $120-$150 a pop for sewers.
            Sounds like a lot, but the sewer snake costs $2,500, and the sink snake about $1,000, and would YOU want to handle the poopoo or rotten hamburger meat that's been in the disposal for 2 days while you figured out that Drano can't dissolve meat? Well, that's whay plumbers make the big bucks, which is a big [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I know this sounds way off topic, but I've seen new homeowners who were cash-strapped have to pay these expenses, and it can really hurt when you just sank everything into just getting in the house. Not saying it to terrify you further; by knowing these things you can avoid these expenses and the PITA they can be. It still beats the hell out of paying rent and losing all that dough. Be happy and
            dig your corner of the planet!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I love the extra "Race car" garage. Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be silly, that's the studio. It just had a garage door so his lead singer's ego will fit through.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Looks like a nice home dude...awesome

I live in a ghetto...but I live in the "nice" part where all the city workers reside....I'm paying close to 3500 a year in taxes and they go up every year..

In Ohio that's on par with the nicest suburbs...it sucks.

But I love my home and I would never find another like it...so I don't move.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

congratulations! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] buying real estate is almost always a good investment. the house looks great btw [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                  best wishes to you and your family.

- Rune.

Comment

Nice house, Congrats! There are more expenses to owning your own home but it's worth it. You'll love it! Just don't chew off more debt than you can handle.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... nothing special? In my neighborhood of 3br 1.5 bath 50's era Mardell and Eikler houses, that would probably be a $1.5m home. Congrats into getting into a very beautiful house in California at a price you can handle! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Congrats on the house--that's a nice one! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I live in the Washington DC area, and the cost of housing here is going up about 15-20% PER YEAR!!!!! Unfortunately, my wife and I are saddled with so much student loan debt from two law school degrees, that we have a long wait before we could even think of buying a house. Problem is, at the rate of price increases, we are losing so much ground every year that by the time we become financially viable, we will have trouble buying any kind of housing except a cardboard box for the street corner. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Seriously, who except a drug dealer or scam artist can keep up with 20% annual price increases???

Personally, I'm hoping that the real estate bubble bursts around here in time for us to pick up a nice foreclosure property for dirt cheap. Not that I would wish such a fate on any JCFer...

Comment

Working...
                        X