Torquestra makes a top 40 list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torquestra makes a top 40 list...

received this in an email today...talk about another surprise...

"Congratulations! Your song "Waterfalls" made our Top 40 Indie Songs of
    2004! .

Fred Wheeler
    Editor
    Indie Journal
    http://www.indiejournal.com"

i didn't even know i had been nominated...lol...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Re: Torquestra makes a top 40 list...

Wow!! Congradulations!! That's great!!

Comment

Awesome,congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's to ya. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, that's awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I remember talking to you at NAMM ( Summer - 03 ) and you were struggling with the local scene a bit, if memory serves me correctly, well it looks like all the patience and hard work is starting to pay off aye? Keep at it bro!

Sounds like 05 may be a very prosperous year for you guys! It's always killer to see the little guy making headlines and stirring it up!

Pat

Comment

congratulations d.m. now release an album and get out on an US tour so I can come see you blow Dallas Tejas away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

That is weird they never send notice of the nomination.. I would have been [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              Anyways.. congrats, a deserving person/player getting deserved recognition. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Very sweet, indeed..... Great job, Bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome!

Finally you get recognition! You are a very talented musician with phenomenal playing. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Nice!
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

nobody knew who was nominated...selection was done by a panel...this was also sent as an explanation...

"We tried to select music representative of all the different styles and types and genres without necessarily giving much consideration to "commercial viability." In a sense, songs that are overly formulaic did not do so well in our calculations. We really focused on the music itself - the songwriting and performance, the production, and the originality of the song. We published similar lists in the 90's and stopped doing it a couple years ago because we had too many people getting nasty about it and complaining that their favorite tune or artist wasn't on the list, that we included "so and so" and didn't include "such and such" or whatever.

There are literally thousands of independent acts with music on the internet, and millions of songs. Many many very good ones. We do believe that this list represents some of the very best though.

We did take nominations, suggestions, submissions. They were posted on boards and sent by email. We also listened to many other songs that were not submitted. We did not take votes because we didn't want this list to simply be a popularity contest, and we all know how it easy it is for any act to "stuff the ballot box."

regardless...it just feels wonderful to know somebody is out there listening to the stuff...lol...but it's also very humbling too...recently there have been rumblings going on about Devane as well...i have a feeling that next year is going to be very, very weird...thanks so much for all your votes of confidence tho...it's appreciated more than you know...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Major congrats bro! Good to see good things happening for you! You truly deserve it.

Comment

Congrats! I'm really happy for you, you deserve it!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool news bro! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Excellent news, and well-deserved recognition, dm! Congratulations! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I dig the Torquestra disc as much as the Devane CD; both great work and showing completely different facets of your musicality! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Keep up the good work and much success in 2005!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X