Is my car jacked up already?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my car jacked up already?????

I know there are a few "gearheads" out here, God knows Mr LPC aint one of those [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, when I was leaving for lunch today, I noticed my car sounds like a wound up chainsaw....when I had it in neutral, had both my feet planted on the floorboard and ebrake on....it was idling at 2...is this normal?? When I pulled through the lot going home, I had it in first and again, no foot on the gas or brake and I was doing anywhere from 20 to 25 MPH...is this normal?!?!?!?! I know I know, I work at a dealership, ask the guys in back...did that....got a blank stare...that was it....just, leave us the keys in the morning, we can take a look at it....BULLSHIT!! The last time I heard that line I ended up with a new car....cant do that again...

Mrs LPC

Re: Is my car jacked up already?????

What kind of car is this?

Comment

04 Stratus

Comment

It was idleing at 2000 rpm ?.If so it could be a number of things.But I would start with the Throttle Postion Sensor (TPS) along with a Air Idle Control Valve.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Greek....Greek....and ummm...yeah Greek....but you can bet your ass Im gonna throw those terms around tomorrow with our Service Mgr....just to make him THINK I know what Im talking about!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

The cars still under warranty right? That is not normal for a car to do that, especially one with low miles... then again, it is a Chrysler product. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (ducks and covers) [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The dealer techs should be able to fix it... It does sound like the TPS is stuck...

Comment

Sorry about that I have spent way to much time under the hood of my cars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I forget sometimes everybody else is not a gearhead and has no idea what I am saying.But that is were I would have them start.
              Mike

Comment

Check the Johnson Rod.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Trust Me it's always the Muffler Bearings
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Damn I forgot about those.
                    Mike

Comment

muffler bearings?? johnson rod?? yall trying to set me up here??

Comment

heh, a different answer from everyone! i'd say its the Discombobulator Doohickey!

Comment

yes they are...but the throttle position sensor is real...lol...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Many, MANY things can do this. It needs to be scanned for codes, and have the data stream watched for indicators when it is doing this if there aren't codes yet.

These are VERY advanced automobiles as far as drivetrain and engine control systems. Anyone speculating on what it is really, is just guessing. And with the late models like that, you could guess for a couple years...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Many, MANY things can do this. It needs to be scanned for codes, and have the data stream watched for indicators when it is doing this if there aren't codes yet.

These are VERY advanced automobiles as far as drivetrain and engine control systems. Anyone speculating on what it is really, is just guessing. And with the late models like that, you could guess for a couple years...

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. Don't take the car in telling them where to start looking, that'll just make you look dumb. Let them know the symptoms and they can take it from there. Anybody can start throwing parts at it until something fixes it, but a good tech can properly diagnose it and fix it right the first time. As a matter of fact if he's any kind of decent driveability tech he'll probably have it figured out in about 15 minutes.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X