Need some Japanese help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Japanese help

Ok, I'm sitting here going through all the Japanese character sets in my billion-mile-long collection of Fonts, and very few of them have the definition of what they mean (mostly the phoenetic sounds).
    So here's what I need - the Japanese characters for:

Strength
    Wisdom
    Skill
    Luck
    Love
    Hope
    Charity (or whatever's closest - Compassion maybe? Not that I have either one [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] )
    Fire
    Water
    Day
    Night

Anybody got an online reference?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Need some Japanese help

Oh yeah, guess I shoulda said I'd like to find something fairly ornate, not just a drip and a slash [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    But if that's all ya got [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And also I'd like to avoid things that are really long and made up of multiple characters - I'm hoping for those "one character wonders" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Getting a tattoo possibly? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Newc, why not use this.
        http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I tried with "fire" and it worked.

Comment

What the hell, I got a question mark when translating "fire" from English into Japanese... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

question marks could mean you don't have the fonts?

Comment

hehe....when I read the title I was thinking nasty thoughts. Shame on me.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I can draw(write) my name in Japanese, and I can read a few words, like "door open" and "door close" from the elevators, and I can read a few place names, either where I was living or where I was going. Or where I had to change trains. And I can give a cab directions and toss around insults. That's the extent of my Japanese after living ther efor two years. Terrible, I know.

Comment

when you type fire, it comes up with a Japanese(also a Chinese) letter.
                  In case if it doesn't show on your PC, maybe it could be your PC is not able to read Japanese fonts.
                  You will need to download language pack from microsoft.

Comment

Maybe someone can translate something for me. I used to date this cute little Japanese girl (she dumped me for unknown reasons), but she always used to say "wong ho!! wong ho!!!". What did that mean?
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Newc:

Here are some of the ones you requested. I can get you the rest, but I am heading off to bed now. Let me know if this is the type of thing you are looking for, and I will do the rest on Tuesday.

Fire:

Water:

Day/Sun:

Night:

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

They look perfect.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Try HERE Dr.

Comment

Thanks fellers [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Looks like Babelfish got the job - thanks anyway, Alex [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Looks like Babelfish got the job - thanks anyway, Alex [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, good thing I didn't do any more for you! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X