SD LiveWire pickups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD LiveWire pickups...

Who's using these and what do you think? I'm an EMG 81 user and curious.

Or would the Duncan Distortion be better?

Re: SD LiveWire pickups...

Are you keeping the Afterburner on your guitar if you switched to LiveWires? Talk about over the top overload!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Without ever hearing the Live Wires or the 81, I'm going to say that the Distortion is better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not using the EMG afterburner, I use their PA-2 preamp. About the same thing I think. I use it almost turned off though actually, just enough to push the front end on my CAE3+se a bit and get some extra girth.

I'm thinking of trying the Duncan Distortion with the PA-2 possibly. But, was curious about the active one and how they were liked.

Not sure yet... Just contemplating...

Comment

I once had a set. They were good, but I prefered the EMGs.......

Comment

For any particular reason?

Comment

I don't understand why the livewires aren't more popular, they are a good hot pickup. Very hot. I've got them in a Charvel model A, and love the way they sound.

I've compared them to a dimarzio X2N, and an emg 81, which I have in other guitars. For some reason I hadn't played an 81 for years, when I finally played through one recently I was fairly dissapointed in it.

Just my .02. I really don't understand why the livewires havn't caught on more.

Comment

Some people consider them TOO hot. I myself prefer a beefy but not overbearing signal. I still need to be able to do cleans on the clean channel without overdriving the clean channel too much. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like LiveWire single coils, monster shred tone [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                  X