2002 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Corvette

7:55 am saturday morning my wifes cousin calls. They want to take the boys out for the day.(the triplets) I said we didn't have any plans. They ask if they can use our new Suburban. I asked what they had to trade. The cousin pipes up my 2002 Corvette. I told him it was deal to bring his pink slip.
    After we help them load the boys into the burban we literally ran to the vette to see who was going to drive it first. I won easily.
    Having owned a 63 Impala with a built 350, I thought I would know what to expect when I would get into it a little bit. The 6 speed is easy to shift as far as the engine WOW that car could move. We hit the interstate and I opened it up when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd I was already doing 75mph and climbing fast. I don't know the torque rating for the vette but it would pin you into the seats.
    Handling was stellar better than anything I have ever owned or driven before. One weird thing when driving in traffic if you don't get the rpms up it forces you to shift from 1st to 4th blocking out 2nd and 3rd. The car doesn't bog down, my jeep would die if I went from 1st to 4th.
    I went through almost 2 tanks of gas I had alot of fun. And I'm not even a fan of vettes but I respect the hell out of them now. I used to think that when I saw guys driving these they were compensating for something. While some maybe doing that, others have them for the grin factor. It was hard to give it back that night when we went over to get the burban back. Starting the burban up reality slapped me in the face, instead of hearing a well tuned v8 rumbling I heard Thomas the train playing in the dvd player for the boys. OHH well it was fun while it lasted.
    (Parental Disclaimer) While it was a blast to play around in the vette. The next day we had a even better time watching the boys climb all over the battery powered cars at Toys r us.

Re: 2002 Corvette

The 1st -> 4th forced shift was a trick to slide the car past the tighter CAFE requirements.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Great story. There is nothing like the feeling of a well tuned Corvette. I have a BMW M3, which is quite a car, but when I get in my buddies '02 Z06 Vette it's a whole different rush and feeling. I guess the lack of a rear seat makes it much more attractive, as well. That's the only downer with my car - looking good in a killer car, until I glance in the rear view mirror and see a babyseat. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Buy a Vette, make the kids walk.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I had an '02 Z28 6-Speed. That car could rip, but 97+ Vette's would destroy it. Man, I miss that car!

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/...issell/car.jpg

Comment

The new Z06's are killer...the ride/handling is amazing.
          But for me....

This:

+ This:

= Vette, Viper, Ferrari killer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Joel [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Joel-Awesome Camaro. What year is it? I used to have a 68. Man I miss it. Great story mudkicker, it almost felt like I was along for the ride. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah...but it's still NOT a Vette , Viper or Ferarri.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Joel, is that an 83/84 body with the 91/92 scooped ground effects?? -Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

whatever it IS ...it's still NOT a Vette , Viper or Ferrarri....sorry Joel it's a "Camaro"...a nice one ...but it's a Camaro...

I had a camaro once ....just once .....long ago ....when I was in high school ....it was pretty cool but the chicks just didn't buy into it ya know...there was a lot of other camaros in the parking lot ..just like Chevelles and El Caminos ..the usual stuff.

with my vette chicks just throw the pussy at you when your driven by , I had a puss stuck on my windshield just last week....I highly recommend that you get one ...and then supe that up ...you'll be even faster and look more awesome doin' it..

I'm sure your car is pretty "fast" ...but it's not a Vette ....a vette is a work of fine art and a status of success that says "hey, dickface ..look at my fuggin' Vette"... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Camaro's are my fav. cars ever.. I like almost every model (from the very first ones to the newer ones).. Corvettes are probably better but they don't have that "wrong/pimpish" vibe to it haha
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Sweet lookin small block Joel !! What ya got in it ???
                      I LOVE 60's & early 70's Novas, not so much camaros.

i have a 69SS Nova I used to drag race on weekends and drive every day but then I put 410 gears in it and killed it as a daily driver but its quick from red light to red light.

Cool ride, cograts [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

your camaro maybe faster bu tI concur with Bill Z.

it's not going to get teh looks and admiration, (not to mention shallow poontang) that a vette will. and no where near a FERRARI.

Ferrari is a status symbol. As is a Viper to some lesser degree.

Comment

Working...
                        X