Any Philly football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Philly football fans?

I don't know how much interest this post will get, but in the interest of US/AUS relations, and of furthering the international awareness of some of the fine codes of football played around the world, I thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention.

November 30th, the American National Rugby League will play host to the mighty Australian national team. Opening match is between two club sides, one US, one Aussie club, before the full-blown Rugby League International is played: USA Tomahawks vs. Australian Kangaroos.

The game will be played at the University of Pennsylvania and broadcast live on the Fox Sports network.

For those who may be familiar with Rugby Union (I know a few folks discussed it here when the last World Cup was on), Rugby League is a similar game, with some minor variations. It's the number one football code in Australia, even more popular than Australian Rules Football & Rugby Union.

For more info, check out the AMNRL website. And for a bit more reading, here's a recent article about the upcoming match in the New York Post.
    Hail yesterday

Re: Any Philly football fans?

ponty are the best rugby union side in wales .there was
    the warriors bridgend and pontypridd but there gone cause
    cardiff got relegated saw they got rid of the warriors to
    stay up wankers [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

It's nearly time - the clock is ticking!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hail yesterday

Comment

well, it was a close one! The US lead at half time and nearly took the match!

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200412/s1255534.htm

One of the first half tries was scored by former University of Louisville kicker, Nate Smith

It's a shame it was played while I was at work today. I'm hoping the game is repeated on Fox Sports tonight.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X