Need some NAMM help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some NAMM help

I'm heading out to NAMM in January, but I've never been to the area before. Do I fly into LAX? I also need hotel/motel recommendations for places nearby that are relatively cheap. I did a search on this but nothing came up, all I remember is someone got screwed by expedia last year so any info and tips would be great. Thanks!

Re: Need some NAMM help

Jet Blue flies into Long Beach and is currently offering fares as low as $119 from Boston. You can fly into LAX or Orange County, but it's usually more expensive. As for hotels, you might want to stay in Buena Park - it's close to NAMM and rates run from about $45 at Travelodge, $55 at Fairfield Inn and $76 at the Hampton Inn - all about 5 miles from the convention center.

Comment

Just look at expedia.com, hotels.com, priceline.com, or cheaptickets.com

But Mariner's all over it...

KMaynard got sort of screwed last year, but it was primarily the hotels fault if memory serves me correctly. Him and Di didn't get a freakin bed!!!

I've stayed at the Hilton and the Hyatt, won't stay at the Hyatt again, I forgot why, but I just remember not to stay there again. I think we stayed at the Hilton in 04, but I'm not 100% on that. There's hotels all over the place, literally.

Good luck and see ya there!!!

Pat

Comment

If i recall correctly, the convention center is very close to a subway station. So if you can't find any decent hotels, just find one that has a subway station near it.

If you still can't find a place, try asking Ron(RacerX) nicely. And he might let you crash at his place. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

I'm sure with as many of us going, you won't need to commute, someone will always be able tp pick you up, but we've always stayed in walking distance. I always get a car, and go to LA/Hollywood for a day, did this past yr anyway, it was cool.

If you stay at Ron's, you can ride b!tch on his bike, so no need for the train... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Staying at Rons... Now that could be traumatic... Hehehe...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks guys

Comment

Didn't Ron issue an open invitation for all out-of-town JCF members to stay at his place during NAMM?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, yes he did...

What's the addy Ron?

Pat

Comment

Pat,

Where the **** we stayin this year .. gotta make reservations ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I know bro, I think J was doing something. We'll make sure you get a bed this yr bro... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I'll make some calls next week, remind me...

Pat

Comment

Damn I was gonna show the girls I'm staying with.

go to my yahoo photos

web page
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

No linky workie for me...

Try again... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Girls

That should work, those are my sisters roomates.
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Actually, yes he did...

What's the addy Ron?

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Anybody who can get little ol me a pass this time is welcome to stay at my humble abode. It's a house about 5 miles from ACC. Non smokers please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X