Do I have a mailbox virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a mailbox virus?

I keep getting "Mail Delivery Failed" notices to email address' I've never heard of.

What is this all about?

Re: Do I have a mailbox virus?

I get that too alot..............

Comment

Sounds like a virus type of thang man...

Often, you may not be sending that email. Your addy may have been on someone elses system that got the virus, and it grabbed yours from the list to use as the "sender" address. But, it could be you sending them also, depending on the virus.

To be safe, definitely run a virus scan with updated software like Nortons antivirus, and also look into the free Spybot and Ad-aware software if you haven't already.

Comment

if it's email addresses you've never heard of then it is most likely random spam that is attempting to give you a virus. they'll typicall have an attachment that is supposedly the message you sent, and of course opening the attachment is a bad thing. I get these once in a while - just delete them.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

don't use outlook express, get thunderbird.

www.mozilla.org

Comment

Heh. Two weeks ago I switched over to Mozilla and Thunderbird.
            That is the slowest broswer in the world. A couple days ago I dumped them and went back to IE6 and Outlook.
            Back to snap-fast loads.

That's ultimatly what I was guessing the deal was...thanks Tim, thanks all!

Comment

Sometimes it's someone sending SPAM spoofing your emaila ddy, nothing you can really do, except disable any aliases that deliver maila ddress to [email protected] etc.

We get a lot of that, you'd have to look at the headers to know for sure.

Pat

Comment

i don't know about your situation chuckles, but sully has an unidentified lip fungus thing going on right now.-lol
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

well... you could still use thunderbird... it doesn't need to exist with mozilla....

outlook is the no. 1 spam/virus host.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    if it's email addresses you've never heard of then it is most likely random spam that is attempting to give you a virus. they'll typicall have an attachment that is supposedly the message you sent, and of course opening the attachment is a bad thing. I get these once in a while - just delete them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much it. I get about 20 of them a day.

Comment

Sounds like a virus.

Comment

Working...
                      X