Calling Gilbert, from Severed Savior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Gilbert, from Severed Savior

Dude, what is the story on that ENGL E570SE preamp?

I can't find them anywhere, or any info on them for that matter. Your MP3 on Rocksolid has piqued my interest.

Re: Calling Gilbert, from Severed Savior

I don't get why it's not present in the engl amps homepage.It's like a limited edition right?

Comment

the CAE isn't cutting the mustard anymore?

Comment

Funny that it's not on the engl site. But i have seen this preamp quite often in german online shops. Here is a pic from one of the shops:

Not much info mentioned on the site but here it is:
        "Preamp section of the Engl Special Edition
        128 Midi settings
        4 channels
        2 sound modes per channel: Modern and classic"

I know it doesn't help much [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Hey Flo,how much they sell it in Germany?

Comment

I like the CAE a lot, best I've played really. But I'm still seeking a slightly different thing than what it was ever designed to do I believe and I'm pushing its limits. Seems the CAE has a frequency thing in the higher mids that is starting to annoy me somewhat, and dialing it out with the parametric takes away the edge and pinch squeals. It does a great older vanhalen and that sort of thing, and I do get quite a brutal tome from it. But, at a certain point in what I am chasing, I start getting that frequency that bugs me. Maybe I'm just nuts. Maybe its the 75 watt celestions.

I enjoyed his clip on the Rocksolid site, so, it could be an option I think. That was through a V-amp and into a soundcard and sounded serious.

Prolly would keep the CAE as I figure that the ENGL won't do the leads like the CAE. Usually something tailored to one thing doesn't do other things so well. Never know though, if it's close... maybe I'd sell...

Weird that it is the SE preamp section, I really don't like any clips of the SE amp that I've heard. I like the powerball, fireball much more. Even the Blackmore was better sounding I thought, and I think the Blackmore is a bit more sedate than the Powerball. Hard to say from clips though. Gotta have it in hand.

Yeah Infernal, I seem to think it may be released in Europe and not here, as any reference I found to it was in French. Thanks for the input.

Wow, I bet it's expensive too then. It's comparable to the 580 and The 580 is like 2700 bucks!

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses, Derek B. just got back to me and answered all my questions. Wow, what service, and on a Saturday night no less.

It's the newest ENGL preamp and it's a fair amount cheaper than the 580. After seeing rear and front views, I'm impressed. Quite nice...

Comment

John we may have to order a couple of those bastages...John and I liked the clip we heard!

I'll call my cuz and see what's up ...maybe he can get them..I'll call him Monday.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah they are not that expensive (still not what i would call cheap but quality gear has it's price, nothing new [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
                  At Thomann it's 1450 Euro, quite cheaper than the E580 which is 2398 Euro.

Flo
                  http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Derek @ rocksolid has them in stock and ready to ship right now actually. As does another well known modder of guitar amps.

Comment

Is the the Daddy of preamps for heavy ass death metal ...super crunchoholic shred thing

I really don't need four channels ...just one good shreddin' one..

What is THE most BRUTAL tube preamp out there!!!!!

this sounded just a tad heavier than my JMP-1 ... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, just a tad Bill...

Hey man, just like Lamborginis go slow as well as fast, it's one of those package deals...

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...OK

Then, this is the one ...so be it

John we must order two ...maybe they too will give us a package deal! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, John, are you picky! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And anal, insane, and a host of other painful things...

Comment

Working...
                              X