Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to ship a guitar transatlantic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to ship a guitar transatlantic?

Hey guys, this is such a dilemma.

How would I go best about sending a guitar from Europe to US, or more importantly from US to Europe?

I'm figuring UPS, but they're price calculating system's quite confusing.

I know people here have experience with this, and I would like to beg to receive a droplet of wisdom! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Ward
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: Best way to ship a guitar transatlantic?

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey guys, this is such a dilemma.

I know people here have experience with this, and I would like to beg to receive a droplet of wisdom! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Ward

[/ QUOTE ] Well, you sure as hell will get a droplet of something from these guys. Just wash your hands. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The big concern is the size of the shipping box. You really need to know that first. The rate for an oversize (or large) package can be a lot higher. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

it'd be a hardshell case fitting a SL-1 (also containing the SL-1 of course). I'm not too sure on the exact dimensions of that, I'll try and find out, or perhaps someone here knows?
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

If they are shipping it to you, let them figure it out. It's going to be a big box if it is packed correctly. It should have, at least, 2 inches of packing material and probably more all around it. Many people ship a guitar in the HSC and a box and little else. As this thread continues, I am sure you will hear horror stories about that.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yeah, you definitely want it double boxed, especially if it's going overseas. Hell, I double box if it's going to the same state! Bicycle shipping boxes are great for the outer box.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X