Just a small rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a small rant

Ok, as some or many here may know I got that black 83 Charvel Star from Elderly a while back. It's been hacked with Kahler and Floyd conversion, added neck hum, and the misaligned (but functional) neck or pocket holes.
    I emailed Elderly and asked if they could have the guy they got it from contact me as I wanted to trace it back to the original owner and see when the mods were done.
    They (Jerry) email me back and say "the guy we got it from wasn't the original owner" [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    I'm thinking, "Yeah, and...??"
    So I email again, saying "that's understandable, but can you have the guy get in touch with me?"
    Then he says "We can't give out customer information"
    So, assuming he thinks I want them to give me the guy's info, I re-mail to clarify that I want them to give him MY info, not give me HIS info (I'm thinking I've just given them permission to pass along my email address, which is fine).

I get the email back as undeliverable [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Would this be a sign that I'm on their blocked email list? If so, I think that's pretty damn sh1tty. I told the guy twice I didn't want the guy's info, but that I wanted them to give HIM MY info to research this guitar.
    Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? Do they do this to people with vintage Fenders and Gibsons, or do they happily act as agents to pass along contact info for those?
    Again, I did not ask them to give me any information about the guy they got it from, rather I wanted them to give the guy they got it from MY contact info so I could ask him about the mods and such, and if he didn't know about them (i.e. it was that way when he got it), then maybe he could put me in touch with whoever HE got it from.

Anyhoo, I just thought it was pretty strange to get the email back as undeliverable.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Just a small rant

What was the time frame between a successful sending of an email and the one sent and being undeliverable? i doubt they could force an undeliverable, but if they have full control over the mail server being used, and they know what they're doing with it, they ccertainly could. I'm doubting it tho, prolly just a glitch in the mail server(s) somewhere...

What was the address being sent to? PM if needed.

I deal with it every day...

Pat

Comment

It was going to the Jerry guy at Elderly. The first email went to the "info" at Elderly (or whatever it was - the "question about your order" link. Then Jerry sends me one (his name in the address), so I replied to that one both times, and that's the address that came back as undeliverable.
      I could probably get through to another address there, just not to Jerry, but I'm sure he moved me to his Blocked list because he thinks I want them to give me the other guy's info.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Have you tried calling them Newc,might get better results politely talking with them than E-mails & it'd probably be easier to explain that you'd like them to give the dude YOUR contact info!!

Comment

Newc,

What's the domain name it's being sent to that bounces?

pat

Comment

Working...
          X