I no longer desire new guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I no longer desire new guitars

For the first time in 3 years I no longer want to purchase any new guitars. In fact I might dump a few. I am cured.

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: I no longer desire new guitars

Uh-oh. Lance, you know that's a sign of being a "Vintage Guy", and you also know those vintage guitars cost waaaay more than new most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Have you been buying Vintage magazines lately?
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Uh-oh. Lance, you know that's a sign of being a "Vintage Guy", and you also know those vintage guitars cost waaaay more than new most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]Have you been buying Vintage magazines lately? - dinkyjacksonman

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My ribs hurt! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I want nothing but new guitars ...I get a scrath on it and I want to sell it...and I do.

I have three guitars I bought almost ten years ago that I never play because I will always have a "new" one on hand..

Like my San Dimas III it's never been played...and it smells new..I love that smell!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill that is the same way I am and I don't know why. I just don't care for Vint guitars...
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tetsuo, that avatar is disturbingly hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That avatar rocks, Tetsuo. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In a way I hate new guitars. I'm always afraid of damaging them. They feel so damn weak at first. Give me a tough, broken in work-horse.

Comment

I love new guitars and old guitars that still have songs in them. I've picked up a few older guitars that sounded good and played good, they just didn't have anything inside them - at least nothing it wanted to tell me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Dents and dings don't bother me - for me it's not about "character" or "I been through hellenback", and I'm not afraid to get as rough with a new one as an older one.

And Tetsuo, that avatar does indeed kick ass [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

me either...I'm on amp thing now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I love getting new guitars!! I could really care less about vintage. But I've been toying with the idea of building a parts guitar.

Comment

There is a mysterious middle ground between "new" and "vintage". It's called "used" and suprisingly, it's the most affordable of the three.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          For the first time in 3 years I no longer want to purchase any new guitars. In fact I might dump a few. I am cured.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, too, shall pass. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                          X