Im being attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im being attacked

by Pop-Ups!! Yes. I have a pop-up blocker (and its turned on) but it sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Does anyone know of a free download blocker I can get that works??

Thanks.
    Em

Re: Im being attacked

Em~
    Run the Ad-aware 6.0 program....it's free and will help clean up some of the crap that may be causing those pop ups.....

Comment

How can you tell that it's turned on, what did you do to it????

Seriously though I run the Google Toolbar that has a built in Popup blocker and it works great for me. Also run Adaware as stated above. The google toolbar is free. Just go to Goggle and type Google Tollbar in the search box.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I use Mozilla Firebird as my browser. Never a popup anywhere. I highly recommend it. It's easily twice as fast as IE!!

Comment

Okay you guys. Thanks, I'm checking these out. That Mozilla one sounds cool! I like the name even, it makes me want lasagna.
          I'll run that ad-thingy too, good call.
          I have a Yahoo toolbar with a pop-up blocker on it. Its yellow when its on, it looks like a little box (mini-screen). I dunno, its weak. Don't use yahoo pop-up block.
          LAME. (where's the "loser" greamlin?)

Em

Comment

I use mozilla and opera browsers. I get almost zero pop-up windows.
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

ever since i downloaded service pack 2, no more pop ups!!!
              www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

I haven't had a pop-up attack in ages thanks to my Norton Internet Security bundle. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've been a little apprehensive of using Mozilla because I've heard you can't view certain websites with it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I haven't had a pop-up attack in ages thanks to my Norton Internet Security bundle. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've been a little apprehensive of using Mozilla because I've heard you can't view certain websites with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I've heard that too but have never had any trouble. I've been using it for a couple of years. They come out with different "builds" as they call it. More like updates really. Most websites see it as Netscape, so there's really no problems to speak of. I love the tabbed browsing also, I'm so used to it now, I don't think I'd ever go to anything else. Oops. it's called Firefox now....samedamnthing....
                  Here's a link for ya Em... Mozilla

Comment

I honestly don't see the point of having tabs. I tried Netscape 7 (I think) at work and the tab bar just took up more of the precious viewing area. I typically open two windows on Internet Explorer and cycle between them using ALT+TAB.

Comment

Try to quit visiting playgirl website.
                      :P

Popups block, I use google and works great.
                      It's free and it doesn't add anything weird.

Comment

Unfortunately, some sites use Pop-up scripts to view certain content (file downloads like at MySongBook.com, or some online stores for 3D models I visit), so I have to turn ZoneAlarm off or it won't download.

I do run SpyBot S&D, though, and it alerts me to harmful downloads linked to popups.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Okay.
                          I need to make a list of all these things here.

I had installed service pack 2 awhile ago and zilch. But I hadn't run adaware. I was not aware.

Have the googly bar up now, that's pretty nifty. It's working already! My arrow thingy turns into a fireball when a pop-up is blocked and that is wicked cool. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Creep- thanks for the Godzilla link. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I have that saved.

Just need to do the adawareness cleansing and hopefully this will do the trick.
                          I got my list though thanks to you guys if it doesn't!

Em

Oh P.S. - the Playgirl stays. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

For preventative maintenance I use spywareblaster and spywareguard along with adaware and spybot. JAVACOOLSOFTWARE Stops 99% of the crap.

EJ

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Unfortunately, some sites use Pop-up scripts to view certain content (file downloads like at MySongBook.com, or some online stores for 3D models I visit), so I have to turn ZoneAlarm off or it won't download.

[/ QUOTE ]

To deal with that, press SHIFT and click on the link. You'll be able to get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X