Working out... help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out... help

Hey guys... Im a skinny little ****, and REALLY out of shape. I walk up a flight of stairs and my heart gets goin. I have a bowflex, but it just pisses me off. What are some better ways of working out? I Would like to get some free weights and a bench, a pull-up bar, and some gravity boots. Are these good ideas? I know i need to eat right too, and exercise regularly, and i would if i could stand working out. Damn bowflex. What should i do?

Re: Working out... help

There are a couple of good training and diet threads in this section. Look around and you'll find them. There is plenty of good advice in both. I know, I wrote a lot of it myself. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Gravity boots are only good if you plan on walking on the moon. If you aren't using your bowflex you won't use free weights either. Join a gym and hook yourself with a personal trainer to get you going. Socialize and get to know somebody at the gym that you could work out with on a regular basis.

Comment

you want to beef up your upper body FAST...this is the best I ever found!!!

"Negatives" This is for benching mainly but you'll need a good spotter..

This is very simple , You put "your" maximum weight on the bar and you have a spotter assist you push the weight up (these are positives) . Now once your elbows are locked your spotter will guide you bringing it down ...but it's really all you ...he's just their to make sure you don't lose it (these are negatives).

Do these till your arms feel like they are going to fall off ...

The police acadamey instructors told me about this and it gives you the fastest results increasing your bench..

I went from 275lbs to 310lbs in less than a month ...but I did a lot of them ..

at night do push ups before bed...

get a good curl bar and go nuts with curls...

Benches and curls and you'll be bulkin' up in no time and eat whatever you want ...because you'll be hungry!

well it's simple in theory and with the least amount of effort..it worked for me ...

until I broke my neck ...
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How old are you? I know from personal experience that you can't build muscle that ain't there. All the way up until my 20's I was 6'6" and was never over 175 and thin as a rail. Then it happens. Since then, I could have muscle or fat. It was my choice. Maybe, your body hasn't matured enough to gain bulk. As for huffing and puffing, start running up those stairs and walk to the store and stop sitting on your ass in front of the computer and go shoot hoops and jump around the stage like Eddie and ride a bicycle and jump rope and get your little heart to pump and your lungs to feel like it would kill you to suck in one more breath. Do that three times a day and you will either be dead or ready to be a Tri-athelete. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Bills Idea of Negatives is good but if you have no training you don't need them yet that is more of a shock technique after your Body has platued. Start training first and foremost and eat lots of calories. ncrease it and espescially your protein intake. If you are Skinny avoid all cardio if you are trying to gain weight. It 6 times a day

Bill is right though the Bench is the best for upper body size. Multijoint movements is what you need to put on muscle. Bench Press, T-Bar Rows , Shoulder Press and Lat Pull downs will get you going. I personally do curls but if big mass is what you are looking for focus more on the triceps than the Biceps. If you work your back real hard your bi's are being worked and a few sets of curls should do ya. You must do Squats Best Full Body exercise. I suggest Deadlifts but make sure you know what you are doing. No training the back is so important but it is not Beach Muscle stuff. Set goals and pick up Mens HEalth, Muscle and Fitness and Flex. those are three differnet mags Mens Health being moderate M&F being serious and dedicated and Flex just a True Anabolic hardcore Mag
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
            X