airgun advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airgun advice

Tomorrow I am going to visit the shootingclub in my hometown. in the netherlands it is somewhat different than in the US, where carrying guns is common and weapons are regarded differently. here only fireams are allowed at clubs and the guns used mostly are airguns.

at that club they have matchguns, both rifle and pistol, but I want one targetpratice pistol for myself. the restrictions over here are pretty strict. no guns that are similar to firearms are allowed, so only pistols that are obvious airguns. lots of manufacturers make those airgun replicas of original guns, but those are not the ones I am after. so does anyone have a idea what to buy? I was thinking of a beeman hw70 or a crosman "benjamin sheridon eb17".

does anyone have some more ideas? I know it sounds somewhat sissy on a mostly USA board, where fireamrs are the standard, but we dutchies have to do it differently and I think there are a lot of guys over here who have experience with this kind of stuff

harrald

Re: airgun advice

I was always impressed by the Webley stuff. Not cheap though...

Comment

Benjamin .22 cal...... Good Stuff.

Comment

Do you have to shoot plastic pellets like we have to use plastic tip darts in bars? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I snagged a pat. pending Marksman Air Gun that dates back to the 60's. I love it, but it won't do you any good. It looks just like a 45. Shoots darts and everything. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Buy hey, Dutch can drink beer at their 16th which rocks!

Comment

Here are a few links I have bookmarked

Chinees airguns, more chinese airguns. general airguns
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks guys, this is quite helpful. Today I visited our shootingclub and I must say, I liked it better than expected, but I guess most guns will be dissapointing compared with the stuff they used there (feinwerkbau rifles and pistols), but that is logical seen the prices of this stuff (sick!!!!). anyway, thanks a lot!

harrald

Comment

I have one of the Chinese air guns. I use it to shoot chipmunks. As a kid I liked chipmunks. Last year those f'ers decided to live in my house. So now I shoot them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Yeah, I have owned a couple different ones of the chinese airguns, they are all pretty strong.

I still have a Crossman 3100 with a Redfield K11576 scope. Pretty strong single shot/pump action, and quite accurate to about 30 meters I believe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA HA [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I have one of the Chinese air guns. I use it to shoot chipmunks. As a kid I liked chipmunks. Last year those f'ers decided to live in my house. So now I shoot them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww ... Well, I still like chipmunks. We have a few around the apt complex. Now, pigeons on the otherhand... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm not an airgun user myself, but my friend who was bigtime into it growing up sweared on the RWS pellet air rifles. He had a scope on it and everything and it had one of the highest muzzle velocities for pellet guns, at the time.
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yeah, when I used to read about them a lot, the RWS, Beemans and Webleys were among the best. I remember wanting an RWS pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X